Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DoomUK said:

Strange how I only ever see the same quality of discussion on every 4chan board I visit.

/b/, /soc/, and /r9k/ are usually cited as the absolute worst boards. I have no idea why they brought back the latter, it seems to be a board dedicated to complaining about not having girlfriends.

/ck/ is the only board where I have seen consistently mature discussion and interesting threads (I'm not even really that into food).

Everything else, including /a/, /v/, /vp/, /g/, etc. are all terrible but not at the level that /b/, /soc/ and /r9k/ are.

After all these years, I still have no idea what /r9k/ is supposed to be. It's just losers whining about how bad they are with women. I don't get it.

Danarchy said:

After all these years, I still have no idea what /r9k/ is supposed to be. It's just losers whining about how bad they are with women. I don't get it.

That's basically what it is. It's meant to be a /b/ with OC but most of the users just post green text stories of how lonely they are. /r9k/ did used to be when it first started.

Danarchy said:

In all fairness, we've all done this on at least one occasion somewhere on the internet. Or maybe I'm just one of those losers.

Danarchy said:

Well, yeah. But why would they want a whole imageboard dedicated to it?

There's entire forums dedicated to that sort of thing, packaged as "dating advice" forums but in effect places where lonely men (and women) go to complain about not having girlfriends or boyfriends, instead of going out and enjoying life. They're counterproductive places to dwell in.

What's worrying is how popular some of them are.