Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

How can we make this sub-forum productive?

So we all know it's going to be literally months before we get any information on Doom 4. With nothing to go on other than the knowledge that it's in development, the Doom 4 threads have either been pointless or near pointless. I know that I've contributed to some of that pointlessness. So, the question is, what sort of discussions should we be having on this sub-forum? What should we be asking or speculating about that would actually be useful? Should we just let it collect dust for awhile? Or are there legitimate things we can be talking about until we get information?

I really hope that's a joke, because what a piece of shit that was. It reminded me of every attempt at "serious" themes that so many of today's composers cook up. Truly awful. Nearly as lifeless as the Doom 3 theme.

This subforum would be more productive is we actually knew anything about the game we're talking about.

Also music is fucking lame.

Does the Doom 1 Imp look specifically demonic? The pink Demons yes, the Caco probably yes, the Baron hell yes, but the Doom 1 Imp is just a brown thorny hominid. I guess that the skin tusks make it look evil. No extant evolutionary being would have sharp thorns all over it, I assume. The Doom 3 ones and this guy lack that unnatural aspect.

If you go on this site http://mick-gordon.com/music/ you can see that there are actually 3 doom 4 songs, namely "The Resistance" "The Daughter" "The Demons" and POSSIBLY "Humans"(The one you linked).Although I always had faith in Id and I consider RAGE and Doom 3 to be pretty good games, I have to say that the music is very bad and the only half decent track is The Demons.The only thing I see when I listen to this soundtrack is an overly cheesy story, that's trying to hard to be serious and fit into the game.

Doom is basically a game that does not try to prove anything.It doesn't try to prove that it is the most sophisticated, thought provoking game and for me at least, this is why it is my number one FPS it's just good, honest fun.

Given that this is potentially the first Doom 4 stuff, I think we should tweet the devs to confirm whether these songs are real or not as to avoid future confusion.

Right, It seems that Mick Gordon, the presumed composer for the doom 4 music was known as N-JekTed before he actually started writing music for videogames, during which he made some Doom 1 remixes.You can find this on page 3.Keep in mid that this is some of his EARLY work and you should not judge the quality of the soundtrack based on this remix.Also, the 4 tracks feel like they fit more in a cutscene than in an actual game, especially The Demons

There has been a thread with alleged Doom 4 leak images. The thread has been zapped without being sent to Post Hell. Therefore I can presume those leaks were real and were deleted for sanity's sake. Hahahahahah! Nevermind, Doom 4 looks neat.

I was worried a bit for a second, but I'm starting to think most of those images are actually from some Rage DLC. There were a couple of images with burning buildings and some with a kind of a HL2-ish looking industrial area however that didn't look much like Rage.

Even if it's not Rage or Doom 4, those shots are definitely id tech 5.

Another possibility is that some shots are from Rage DLC and some from Doom4. It would make sense if the industrial areas were from Doom4 while the decayed areas like the library and the compound thing are from some Rage DLC.

Yet another possibility is that it's all unused stuff from Rage which didn't make it into the final game. It's fair to assume the game might have gone through some experimental design stage(s) where stuff was made but then abandoned in favour of something else, for better or worse.

But then we need somewhere to discuss something we don't know anything about. Might as well have a dedicated forum to do it in.

The recent screenshot/music discussion was very exciting. Took me back to the good old doom3 speculation days :D

Quakecon 2012's dates have been announced, perhaps they'll give us a little snippet of Doom. I honestly don't see any excuse for them not to.