Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CooBlu

(G)Zdoom Server Hosting Question

I'd like to set up a server for some friends. I know the cmd parameters, and everything is fine. But any server I host, no matter what game, never shows up on the master list/ un-connectable. I say (G)Zdoom because that's where I'm focusing. In Minecraft, I had to forward ports to get the damn stuff to work. Hell, my friend and I had to use Logmein Hamachi to get a private Zdoom server to work!! I begin to think whether or not I need to forward any ports to get my connections through... do I?

CooBlu said:

I begin to think whether or not I need to forward any ports to get my connections through... do I?

Of course.

CooBlu said:

...never shows up on the master list/ un-connectable...

Whatever list your reading, it's lying. Zdoom/GZdoom don't have Master Server lists.

Default port for multiplayer is 10666 UDP.

Mixed up Zdoom's port with Zdaemon's.

Edward850 said:

Whatever list your reading, it's lying. Zdoom/GZdoom don't have Master Server lists.

Yes, other other various games do. Oh, how I wish an IP master list was accessible in (G)Zdoom...

Whoo said:

Default port for multiplayer is 10666 UDP.

Edward850 said:

Default port for Zdoom/Gzdoom is 5029 UDP.

huh? I'll just forward both of them. Aaannd... I can't use the same forwarding program for some reason :?

CooBlu said:

Yes, other other various games do. Oh, how I wish an IP master list was accessible in (G)Zdoom...

A Server list would make no sense with Zdoom's current design.

CooBlu said:

huh? I'll just forward both of them. Aaannd... I can't use the same forwarding program for some reason :?

No, Zdoom uses 5029 UDP. You can change which port you want to use with '-port x'.

CooBlu said:

I'd like to set up a server for some friends......

You might want to checkout http://zdoom.org/wiki/Command_line_parameters#Multiplayer_options

G/ZDoom does not support setting up a server on a master list and then players join it. Also read the posts in http://forum.zdoom.org/viewforum.php?f=5

You might have more luck with Skulltag, although Skulltag has diverged somewhat from ZDoom.