Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyanide

Two levels for Doom 2

I just started creating my own levels in Doom 2 using Doom Builder 2. I'm posting them here in hopes of getting some feedback on the designs. There are only 2 levels in this WAD so far, but I don't want to make any more of the same mistakes, if there are any. I haven't balanced for difficulty at this point, but probably will if the levels are any good.

http://www.mediafire.com/?t0g61w9wmbqxqgq

Thanks in advance!

-zeero

EDIT: Just wanted to add that links to recordings of playthroughs are greatly appreciated!

EDIT EDIT: New name/link.

Those are very nice for first maps. Your detailing is good and gameplay is enjoyable too. I haven't noticed any bugs. Keep it up!
My only complaint: overabundance of these fast door traps. They get old very quickly IMO.

And FYI, requiem.wad already exists, so you should come up with another name.

Thanks for the feedback Memfis! I'll find another name right away, and make some changes to the maps.

Firstly, these are excellent for your first maps.

Secondly, I suggest some balancing be done for ammo and health, as both are extremely tight. I found myself battling the lost souls with only my pistol and it left me low on health for the second map.

The design and look of the levels are pretty good,though the area after the red key door in map02 is a little dark for my liking. Yeah, probably should cut down on those fast door traps, mix it up a little, you did something different for the end, though I did feel a little nervous about looking around the level so I suppose it did work to a degree.

Rayzik said:

...I suggest some balancing be done for ammo and health, as both are extremely tight.

I just realized that I have been testing the levels finding all the secrets. Oops. Will balance. Thanks for the feedback!

cannonball said:

...the area after the red key door in map02 is a little dark for my liking.

I just made that change before reading your reply. Thanks for the feedback!

For the record: I will continue making a few more levels and post a link to the wad when done! This is also my first post on Doomworld, and so far I'm liking the forum a lot. Thank you all!

I can not say much other than I agree with the previous posters. Keep at it, some more balance and mix it up a bit. Really enjoyable so far :)

I really like your style. The maps are really nice and have a nice oldschool feeling. The secrets were nice, although the ones on map02 were really hard to find (I only found 2). The balance seemed alright. Played both maps from pistol start. Hope to be seeing more from you, keep it up.