Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jepp

My first wad release!

Not an entirely serious release, just looking for some feedback. :\

I called it bridge.wad through lack of imagination
Only 1 short, easy level. It consists of some minor ACS.

Download

I'd enjoy feedback, good or bad.

P.S. I'm new to the forums, so hi.

FDA
(My first death was a result of a lack of having autoaim on... IDK why..)

Great map for a first release!

My Suggestions:
- Detail the map a bit more, add some height variations, even some decoration things to help the atmosphere. Also the exit, I assume the idea was to have it as if the player was swimming downstream or something, but maybe you can make it actually seem like a long river?
- A bit of balance for the revenants: They aren't impossible, but without foreknowledge of them, the player might find themselves battling five of them with only a SSG in a space smaller than my bedroom. Maybe add a large cell pack where the yellow key is?
- The idea of the map is very solid, although the key grabbing is a little repetitive, maybe make each venture for each key a little more in depth? I wouldn't recommend adding extra bridge crossings, because there are well enough amount of those (Not a bad thing!!) but maybe a cave or a house or even a wider open space? Just some ideas to consider.
- I didn't check whether you allowed jumping in the map or not, but you have to consider that some players will play with it on, and they would be able to easily avoid most of the map were it the case.
- The chaingunners were a little off-balance, but I got kinda lucky that they didn't all open fire at once. After the couple of encounters the player might be low on health and the CG encounter would most likely spell their doom. Maybe a single Medi-Kit would even the odds?

I enjoyed the map, the gameplay was solid, idea is solid, and thankfully, there was only one archvile :P.

Wow, thanks for the great review!

This is just the kind of thing I was after. I'll try out some of those ideas right now!

Also I had disabled jumping in the MAPINFO.

All in all, thanks for reviewing my level. :D

Also, thanks for the demo. Although i'm having trouble playing it

*EDIT* I did get it working, but it stopped when you died the first time. (I think) :\

I think that was just me having a hard time finding the auto-aim option lol. It should work fine with the latest G/ZDoom.

the map is good! especially for a first. really kept me going and not stopping. why no music though?
And look at this screenshot i took by accident. this is a moment where you know you will get hurt badly.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/screenshotdoom201201202.png/

oh i'd also like to create custom stuff(monsters,weapons) for your wads, may i join your team?

Just played the map, I died when those 5-6 revenants attacked but overall it was a good map, my only suggestion would be to a little more health and a little more plasma ammo but other than that it was good, keep mapping.

This is actually a very well done map for a first release. I didn't expect coding of any sort, so it was a surprise :)

I nearly died when the 5-6 revenants spawned in the skull key room, but I made it out with 6 HP (thank God for that Soulsphere).

To improve your mapping, I'd suggest adding more detail to the grass and bridge itself. Ammo provided was excellent, because I happened to use the exact last bullet to kill the archvile.

Keep it up :D

Oh wow. I haven't been here in a while.

Thanks everyone for playing it :D

1337CyberdemonxX said:

oh i'd also like to create custom stuff(monsters,weapons) for your wads, may i join your team?

@Cyberdemon It's not much of a team, but I guess we could work something out. Do you have steam? It would be an easy way to communicate. If so add me and we can talk. ;) (link in the signature) If not I guess you can PM me?

@MasterofJDK Looks like a couple people had trouble with the revenants, I'll add in some more health/plasma.

@BloodyAcid Glad you liked the coding. Also I wouldn't say i'm very good with adding detail to maps. Maybe a couple/few vertex slopes?

Very good for a first map IMO. I ended up getting owned on the Revenant part, though.

Like the others said, just needs some more detail and maybe a tad bit more variety in the scenery and it'd be all good. Some more balancing here and there.

Ya know, I've never actually seen a map like this before. I like the idea.

Awesome map! Died many times playing. And the map design was pretty cool also.