Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

new inventory type

How do I make a proper inventory type like ammo, health, armor, etc. I want to add "Treasure" to Doom. I have added a Decorate class called Treasure : Inventory. I used SBARINFO to make the value and icon to appear on the screen and everything works. When I pick up the treasure it adds 100. BUT, when I inherit a new item to my new Treasure item, nothing seems to change. I set Inventory.amount to 100, but the treasure doesn't increase. I used the ZDoom Wiki a lot but it's not much help. Help please?

Did you look into the ZDoom wiki? It wouldn't hurt to do so (again)...

EDIT: Oh, I see you did look into the wiki. Maybe ACS would do the trick? I'm not that good in ACS but I presume that would be the case...

Have you tried using ScoreItem as the base class for your Treasure? In SBARINFO, use "Score" as the value for DrawNumber.

You can always take a look at the Wolfenstein 3D TC for Doom (GZDoom) to see what they did for their treasure.

I downloaded Wolf3D a while ago. With the treasure on Wolfenstien 3D it executes an ACS script. I tried opening the WOLFLIB.o file in the .pk3 file but gibberish came up - I can't see anything. I opened it in XWE as an ACS type but it still didn't show. any tips?

Oh yes I'm using 7-zip to view pk3 files.

Edit: I'll try out the ScoreItem- it seems quite easy and it is the right function to use. thanks! I'll see if it works!