Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unholypimpin

"Doom 2 Meets ZDoom" A Doom 2 Remake wad (13 map beta release)

what do you think about this wad?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think about this wad?

• This is a great wad
    • This wad is good but needs work
    • This wad isnt good, but could be good with alot of work
    • I hate most of remade maps, Either remake them again or cancel the project
    • i dont like this wad at all, please dont remake doom 2 maps

gameplay video

THIS WAD IS 40% DONE

===============================
This is a new thread, the old one had too much old and out of date content.
===============================

PUBLIC 13 MAP DEMO LINK http://www.mediafire.com/?3j18anao6di2ayt

anyways this will be a doom2 remake wad where all maps will be built from scratch. The maps will be similar in style and layout, but still feel fresh and surprizing so you dont feel like you know exactly how the map will start and end.

The maps will obviously have more detail than the originals and have zdoom features like slopes n such.
There will be a few custom monsters, but there will be no plans to have custom weapons unless maby in secret maps.

I shall be releasing a demo/alpha after 5 maps are completed, then another alpha after 15 maps then after 32 maps.
============================
map done so far
-map01 100% -alwaysdoomed
-map02 100% -alwaysdoomed
-map03 100% -alwaysdoomed
-map04 100% -alwaysdoomed
-map05 100% -alwaysdoomed
-map06 100% -alwaysdoomed
-map07 20% -alwaysdoomed
-map08 100% -Pottus
-map09 100% -Pottus
-map10 100% -Pottus
-map11 100% -Pottus
-map31 100% -alwaysdoomed
-map32 50% -Pottus
===========================

heres some progress screenshots.

=====================================================================
list of contributers
====================
-AlwaysDoomed(project manager,mapper)
-Pottus(map detailer)
-NZ_Reaper(quality control,tester)
-The_Afrit(quality control,tester)
-Rambosee (tester)
-PRIMEVAL (tester)
=====================
if you would like to contribute in anyway, if its mapping testing or graphic,sound then feel free to tell me.

for anyone who wishes to become a tester, this is my site http://alwaysdoom.webs.com/ register there for beta builds n such for d2mzd or other stuff

It makes me think of those late 90s webpages, in a cheerful way. Look at that mastermind, it's the center of attention and all, it's so happy you want to pat it on the head like a puppy. And then the little guys around doing their own thing.

Well i wanted a more realistic spidermastermind picture for the titlepic, but there doesnt seem to be any floating around the internet.

I just didnt want to use just text or the same doomguy vs cyberdemon picture as the titlepic. I think the cyberdemon steals the spotlight way too much.

Why is Doomguy firing at his foot when there are monsters in his back? Is he trying some advanced-level reverse psychology? "Look, monsters, I'm firing at a marine, that means I'm a monster like you, so don't attack me!"

thats actually a pretty cool title picture, thankyou sergeant_mark_IV.

Lol Gez have you seen the ultimate doom title picture? because it has pretty much the same theme, with monsters in the background and the doom player in the foreground.

Thought eventually I was gonna make a title picture similar to the doom2 one but with the doomguy shooting at the mastermind instead of the cyberdemon, though atm my artistic skills arnt good enough for such a think yet.

Gez said:

Why is Doomguy firing at his foot when there are monsters in his back? Is he trying some advanced-level reverse psychology? "Look, monsters, I'm firing at a marine, that means I'm a monster like you, so don't attack me!"

I would love to see this sort of insane troll logic applied to a map somewhere. Maybe have a scene where you sneak through an airport full of terrorists by holding yourself at gunpoint ("Oh, he has a hostage, so he must be a terrorist too!"). :P

...Having typed that, though, I'm all but certain that someone somewhere has already used that gag. D:

Surprised that this question didn't pop out yet... Alwaysdoomed, how is the progress of this project (which I like judging from the demo I played a year ago)?

Idk tbh, I havnt heard from pottus in awhile and hes doing the factory atm, while I am doing Down town. My progress on that map is going slow because I have absolutely no idea how I want to remake it, and iv scrapped the map about 4 times already. I believe pottus was like 40% done with the factory.

Down Town is basically at 0% because I still cannot make a build of it that I am actually happy with.

If pottus leaves the project things will go even slower because I cannot match his Expert Map Detailing and thus the maps will look different than the previous. So hopefully hes still around cuz Ever since he joined the d2mzd team its required him and if he left it or went inactive the results would be devastating.

So to answer your question scfista42, This project is at best on hold but hopefully not dead!!

PLEASE DONT LOSER ME FOR THIS!

but the download link for the public build is broken and i think that this WAD is very interesting