Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Relic

Adam Hegyi disappearance theories?

Adam Hegyi just disappeared randomly in 2005. Leaving COMPET-N to change who manages it and making a whole new website all together. He was one of the greatest doom gods in dooming history with insane demo's!

But enough about how awesome he was, what do you guys think actually happened to him?

coincidentally, i was talking to kimo about this yesterday... and i'm pretty sure he just drew a thick line behind his doom career and decided to never look back.

Adam Hegyi is actually Doomguy, and right now he's off battling hordes of incredible evil while we banter on a forum.

My understanding is that he finished university and got a job. And presumably didn't have time for Doom, or made a decision not to make time for it.

Shame he didn't at least make a one-sentence post or message to someone about what he'd like done with Compet-N.

Technician said:

I don't want to be a bummer, but deaths aren't rare in this community either...

It's quite possible that he could have died, if he did how are we supposed to know if he did or didn't?

But who elce has died in this forum?

Maybe he found a revenant fireball he couldn't outrun.

kimo_xvirus said:

Adam was alive in 2009 at least.

Kimo, some people thought you had died in the egyptian riots possibly haha. Because you weren't anywhere to be seen on your youtube.

But anyway, he was alive in 2009? How do you know this?

I knew so through people still in contact with him and they think he left Compet-N out of loss of interest and easier possibility of cheating.

kimo_xvirus said:

I knew so through people still in contact with him and they think he left Compet-N out of loss of interest and easier possibility of cheating.

Yea I guess he could have just lost interest. It would have been much nicer if he had told everyone :(

Also, Kimo no one herd from you as well for a while. Well at least on your YouTube channel...

Phobus said:

Engineer too, IIRC.

And Jive recently - though I don't know for certain if he had a Doomworld account.

Relic said:

Wow, 4 ppl have died in doomworld.

That's not a very heavy death toll, given the size and age of the Doom community (almost 20 years).

Some forums related to old school tabletop RPGs have eulogies almost every month, because the veterans and designers are all dying off.

Adam Hegyi hasn't disappeared. He's just moving so quickly that none of us can actually see him.

That's the death list that we know of. There are obviously members that have suddenly become very inactive obviously and death is a possible factor. This is why Adam Hegyi could quite possibly be dead...

ITT: People who may have just decided to not post here anymore are maybe dead, so lets list the names of our sorely missed friends to remind ourselves that people who leave DW do so because they are sometimes dead.

Chill out, you lovably strange bunch of people.

Let's try to be positive about this. I'm for one am going to assume that Hegyi is alive until I have proof otherwise.