Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cire

PSX Doom demo disc?

I remember that I saw someone selling a disc which supposedly was a one-level demo of PSX Doom on Ebay or Amazon (don't remember which) a while ago, but I can't find it there now, and I can't find any reference to it anywhere on the web. Is it true that such a version does exist? Does anyone know anything about it?

I used to have one. Mine came free with an issue of Playstation Plus magazine; popular UK Playstation magazine at the time. I think it was the third or forth issue. If you can track this down on eBay you might find the CD in the process.

The level chosen for the demo was map 3 from Doom II, The Gantlet. Fairly sure everything was exactly the same as in the retail release, but my memory could be failing me there.

Yeah, that sounds like what I saw, only this was released separately on its own CD. I guess there could also be other magazines that included the demo on their CD's.

The one I had was on it's own CD too. There's obviously no single PSX Doom demo disk, but the same content distributed to different magazines around the world.

OK, cool. First I thought you meant one of those CD's that had several demos on them. EDIT: I guess that's exactly what you meant. Sorry for being confused. ^^ But the disc I saw on Ebay actually seemed to only have the Doom demo on it.

Cire said:

EDIT: I guess that's exactly what you meant. Sorry for being confused. ^^ But the disc I saw on Ebay actually seemed to only have the Doom demo on it.

And the disk I had only had the Doom demo on it. Are my posts that hard to read? :p

Sorry, your posts aren't hard to read, I don't know why I got so confused really. :p Maybe because ASD said that his/her disc contained 7 other demos.

Here's what my disk looked like:-

Taken from here.

Could've sworn that it had the name of the magazine on it. But I think I can be forgiven for not recalling such details :p

I have 2 CD's with the Doom demo on them, one is from Official Playstation Magazine's Platinum Special, the other is from another OPM special, "The Best Horror Games Ever".

The demo itself is basically MAP03 of Doom II with the PSX Doom credit roll music instead of the actual level theme. And you need to reset the system when it ends.

Nowif only I could find my old Demo One disc ...