Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keithktam

is it possible to edit the save files in Zdoom??

hi, been playing evilution, final doom i mean. been using a lot of new weapons i downloaded from site such as realm 664, now i have a problem. you see, in order to use those weapons, you need to edit the zdoom config and add in the path of your new goodies, right?? but now i got so much weapons loaded, i want to eliminate some of those i don't like and i encountered a problem...if you start a new game, thats no problem here, all i had to do was to delete those lines/paths in the zdoom config, but replay the saved files, thats a problem, it seems zdoom required everything in exact condition, so if you removed a line, it would crashed... but now i am learning to create new weapon, doing some small mod if you know what i mean, and i just don't like the number of lines to increase like that.

so my question is, can i edit the save file?? i mean, is it possible to just go in, and delete those "parameter" so that is ok to load without all those weapons loaded??

many many thanks in advance!!!

keith

No, there's no save editor written for ZDoom, because the save format changes from time to time (the overall architecture stays the same, but the amount of data field per object can change as new features are introduced).

If you want to remove some weapons from an ongoing game, use console commands. Type "printinv" to get a list of what's in your inventory, so that you know their code names, and then use "take offendingweapon" to get rid of offendingweapon.

Gez said:

No, there's no save editor written for ZDoom, because the save format changes from time to time (the overall architecture stays the same, but the amount of data field per object can change as new features are introduced).

If you want to remove some weapons from an ongoing game, use console commands. Type "printinv" to get a list of what's in your inventory, so that you know their code names, and then use "take offendingweapon" to get rid of offendingweapon.

that is most helpful. thanks!!!
will look into it!!!

many thanks again!!
keith

Gez said:

oh gee, your suggestion works in terms of taking away the weapons, however, their custom ammo stay behind, so when i started deleting those lines in the zdoom config, the game crashed...but within the console this time, something like unknown player2....

hope you can give me more help, thank you!!!

keith