Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kevansevans

The hardest doom mod you will ever play

Since you made changes to ZDoom's engine, why not release the source code to go with it? (Oops, my bad.)

Welcome to the forums by the way :)

HavoX said:

Since you made changes to ZDoom's engine, why not release the source code to go with it?

Hmm? Well I'm obviously new, and I don' ever like to introduce myself...

So pardon my noobness by asking wut?

Owait... do you want me to release the modified txt files along with it?

Judging by the video, it looks like it's... a dehacked patch? Or something equivalent, at least. What is this supposed to be, exactly?

Oh, and it seems a prudent point to remind people not to run random untrusted executables that they download from the Internet.

EDIT: Looks like this is just a modified version of ZDoom's actors/doom/doomweapons.txt file. You don't need to distribute the whole of ZDoom to do this, just put that one file in a separate .pk3 and distribute that.

I was criticized last time I said I wasn't running executables from random internet guys. But I'm still not going to.

But from the video it just looks like you sped up monsters and weapons and put in super health and whatnot. I did that too when I was first playing with DECORATE. It was fun, but I don't want to run an entirely new ZDoom just for that.

fraggle said:

Judging by the video, it looks like it's... a dehacked patch? Or something equivalent, at least. What is this supposed to be, exactly?

Oh, and it seems a prudent point to remind people not to run random untrusted executables that they download from the Internet.

EDIT: Looks like this is just a modified version of ZDoom's actors/doom/doomweapons.txt file. You don't need to distribute the whole of ZDoom to do this, just put that one file in a separate .pk3 and distribute that.

Dead on. Thanks for the tip, I’ll be sure to do that.

DuckReconMajor said:

I was criticized last time I said I wasn't running executables from random internet guys. But I'm still not going to.

But from the video it just looks like you sped up monsters and weapons and put in super health and whatnot. I did that too when I was first playing with DECORATE. It was fun, but I don't want to run an entirely new ZDoom just for that.

Well that’s only what the video demonstrates. Yes faster weapons and faster monsters, but most of the items act different, and most of the monsters act different,
I wasn’t using DECORATE, I just went into the pk3 and screwed around. I do more flash than this, so I took the easiest route before I really took advantage.

Processingcontrol said:

It's a little fun, but there are certainly harder mods out there.

Where? So I can kick their asses.

Deus Vult II w/ BrutalDoom, if the monsters don't kill you the abysmal framerate will.

Kevansevans said:

I'd tell you what this is, but I wan't this audience to tell me ;)

video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFzq0NBmCSI

downlaod
http://www.mediafire.com/?48ni7e363dfyqkz

works with all Doom Iwads.

I know that this modification is unorthodox, but get over it. Just play it and tell me what you think.

Links of the video were taken down fella.
Could you please re-upload them?

Normally, I don't donwload mods without a video attached.