Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naitguolf

"Gritings"

Hello!!!

I am new to this Board!! But not to doom or Doomworld...

I want to ask you people some things...

From where are these COOL pictures of the monsters of de banners?? Are from a version of the game?

How i can see the weapons in 3D in JDooM port? I have the TGA textures... how can i see them in the game?

I love the levels like Doom 1... where i can find levels with this philosophy? Or what are the best levels?

Well, nothing more to say, only to say HappY Dooming, and Hapy Birthday to DoomWorld...

pd. A RPG game with DooM enviroment... what do you think, guys? (Ala FF)You play with it? ;)

bye!

- Nightwolf

Well...dunno, never got JDooM to work
Strife is an RPG type game using the DooM engine, it is now abandonwarez, which I ain't posting any URLS to
E1 style maps do rule but I ain't got any
-bigbadgangsta

Well, i am thinking to make a Doom Rpg, but like a FFVI. But mixing histories and enviroments of Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife... and maybe Duke Nukem!! :)

I only wandering if there are people who want to play it, and to know how they want the game like.

I want to make to work the TGA texturesss!!!!

- Nightwolf

Well, i am thinking to make a Doom Rpg, but like a FFVI. But mixing histories and enviroments of Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife... and maybe Duke Nukem!! :)

I only wandering if there are people who want to play it, and to know how they want the game like.

- Nightwolf

Wasn't somebody trying to make a Doom RPG in Don Miguel's RPG Maker? I had thought I'd heard something to that extent.

Myself, I've been trying to think of ways to implement Doom weapons as testing weapons in a new RPG-style combat engine I'm writing.

Well, can you tell me about your progress?

I think could be a cool idea to make a game as standars rpg 2d, but the combat ala Phantasy Star II-IV, but you dont see the player, you see only the hands...

Well, can you tell me about your progress?

Loads of shit on paper, even more going through my mind, but no actual code. But recent events have shown me that life can be fleeting and unkind to even the greatest of thinkers, so it's high time I got my lowly ass in gear, ne?

Hey, Naitguolf, would you be interested in helping me out with my DooM RPG? I need people to help with, well, mainly artists, but anything will do (theres only one person I know of whos interested in helping me out with it)

Oh, and I won't be making the actual 'game' until ZDoom comes out with DoomScript. So I just wanted to know if you'd be willing to help...

Anyway, more info over at my site, in the 'projects' section:

http://www.geocities.com/slayer226

Well, i dont know anything about Zdoom and the script of Zdoom...

I make my games with Fenix, a cool gamming languaje (like C and Pascal)

I am thinking to make a game ala Final Fantasy or Phantasy Star, but... well... a cool Rpg with Doom Engine could be very Nice...

I you can say me how to learn about Doom Engine... of course i help. :)

Well you could try downloading the ZDoom source coda and have a look at it. BTW, u like Phantasy Star? PSIV is my favourite RPG ever. (the other PS's aren't all that great, though...)

Originally posted by Naitguolf

- Nightwolf

Mixing those games together I belive, would be illegal.

From where are these COOL pictures of the monsters of de banners?? Are from a version of the game?

Those on top of Doomworld?

Yeah. But they are from the Pictures of the Game? The CyberDemon yes, but the others dont remember... Of course i Own an Original Doom2, of course, but not Final DooM... in those games appears those pictures?

Most of them are concept sketches... I don't know exactly where they are from, ask Linguica.

All I know is that the Cacodemon is taken from a pic of a D&D monster that was featured as DW's POTD a few months back. id Software originally got their inspiration for the Caco from that D&D creature.

Originally posted by Fredrik
Most of them are concept sketches... I don't know exactly where they are from, ask Linguica.

All I know is that the Cacodemon is taken from a pic of a D&D monster that was featured as DW's POTD a few months back. id Software originally got their inspiration for the Caco from that D&D creature.

Music, sprites. What's next?

Originally posted by Maonth

Music, sprites. What's next?

Oh, and.... the levels are taken from Pac-Man. Yeah, if you rearrange everything in one of the Pac-Man levels, you get E1M1 exactly! Woo!

Originally posted by Fredrik
Oh, and.... the levels are taken from Pac-Man. Yeah, if you rearrange everything in one of the Pac-Man levels, you get E1M1 exactly! Woo!

OMG. You are right! And the sky: If you sharpen it, it looks EXACTLY like Al Gore!

"Que no está muerto lo que puede yacer eternamente, mas con los evos extraños, aún la muerte puede morir" -H.P. Lovecraft

Translation:
That is not dead which can eternal lie, for with strange aeons even death may die.

Any other spanish people around here?

Originally posted by bigbadgangsta
Mixing those games together I belive, would be illegal.

SYNTAX ERROR :)

Well, i'm in spanish irc irc.jet.es in channel #doom and #div...

But the guys of this channel sucks a little :(

Originally posted by Naitguolf
yeah, the beholder...

I like the DOOM caco better, tho.

Originally posted by Maonth

I like the DOOM caco better, tho.

Hey, don't forget about Hissy =]

Originally posted by Zaldron

*raises hand.

You're Argentinean - I thought you Argentineans didn't want to identify yourselves with the Spanish.