Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Face23785

can monsters telefrag the player?

I understand that normally monsters cannot telefrag the player, with the exception of the spawn boxes in map 30 of doom 2 and final doom. Is there any way around this?

Telefrag = Death by monster/player teleporting ontop where another monster/player is, instant death.

All monster can telefrag through normal portals/ "line def teleport", but it only works if the target was in the range of the tp location. Or if i'm wrong on the tp box, it's be the Monsters box.

Face23785 said:

I understand that normally monsters cannot telefrag the player, with the exception of the spawn boxes in map 30 of doom 2 and final doom. Is there any way around this?

They can also telefrag through regular, green-flash teleporters, in MAP30. Be very afraid.

how do u make it work? i tried it and the monster wont even teleport if the player is in the way. they can't even telefrag other monsters.

Face23785 said:

Is there any way around this?

Around what? What exactly do you need to happen? There are a few instant death tricks that work on all maps if that's what you're looking for.

Face23785 said:

In ZDoom you can use MAPINFO to tell whether any map should let monsters telefrag other actors or not. So you can remove the telefragging from MAP30, or you can add it to any and all of the previous 29, as you desire.

With basic Boom features, nope. Only on MAP30, and always on MAP30.