Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keithktam

is it possible to create HD sprites for the HUD??

I know you can create HD texture for the wall of a map, all you have to do is to remember to add scale factor in it. However, i was wondering if is possible to use HD sprites for the HUD, I mean the weapons you are carrying?? and how about for the monsters??

hope anyone can help!!
thanks!!
keith

Well, you can achieve this by using a source port. I'm not sure about any of the others but Doomsday Engine allows you to do this quite easily. That port is not very popular in the Doomworld community but it is the most downloaded source port out there.

If you use doomsday engine you can just create a pk3 or zip containing your HD image replacements and then add that to the appropriate folder. Simplified of course but not by much.

I suggest you look around at the available source ports and do a little bit of reading. Once you get an idea of which source port you want to use you can ask this question again either here or in a dedicated forum. If you don't want to use a source port then I suspect your life is going to be much more difficult.

NiuHaka said:

Well, you can achieve this by using a source port. I'm not sure about any of the others but Doomsday Engine allows you to do this quite easily. That port is not very popular in the Doomworld community but it is the most downloaded source port out there.

If you use doomsday engine you can just create a pk3 or zip containing your HD image replacements and then add that to the appropriate folder. Simplified of course but not by much.

I suggest you look around at the available source ports and do a little bit of reading. Once you get an idea of which source port you want to use you can ask this question again either here or in a dedicated forum. If you don't want to use a source port then I suspect your life is going to be much more difficult.

I am using zdoom right now, and i am using slade 3 to mod the weapons, but as far as i see, i can't find any tools in slade 3 that can enable me to enter the scale value so that my HD HUD sprites can fit in the game windows preview.

this is the window preview for the HUD in slade 3:

thanks!!

Gez said:

With ZDoom, the best way to go is to indicate the scale in TEXTURES or to have a placeholder of the proper dimension with the same name in the normal sprite namespace, and your high-res version in the hires namespace.

but do i specify the scale within decorate or do i need a new lump for it?? and once i put my high-res sprites in between the high-res placeholder, do i also need to put another one in the normal placeholder??

many thanks!!