Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Diabolic

New Doomworld layout.

I still can't see anything but the top thing with the picture of the demon and the DW and Ugo logos.

Eh, it works now. Turns out that Ling's little instructions for stopping pop ups destroyed IE's ability to load Doomworld.

But where are the news comment things???

Well I think the new layout is cool. (Especially the new forums software)

Although 1000 posts to earn a custom avatar is a bit high (especially for me, since I only post when I have to, ie, I don't post just for no reason...)

I completely agree to that.. if you look at my post count, this will only have been my 9th post ever.. yet i registered back in May of 2000, shortly after the forums started on DW... I post quality, rather than quality, and only say what needs to be said.. such as last night when i thought Lut had died. heh
Anyway, that's ling's decision, not ours.

Originally posted by Fusion
Anyway, that's ling's decision, not ours.

I guess so. Time to start posting crap for no reason!! :P

Originally posted by SlayeR
Although 1000 posts to earn a custom avatar is a bit high (especially for me, since I only post when I have to, ie, I don't post just for no reason...)

actually, i think it's too low. 2000 or over, IMO.

Originally posted by Fusion
I post quality, rather than quality

Heh.

But yeah, I like the new facelift even though I prefer the old one.

The new layout could've been better (it can always get better), but I like it nonetheless - looks fresh.

uh, the front page feels kinda... empty now. all the hosted projects links, kinda gave the site its substance. It needs some more stuff there IMO (don't ask me what)

The front page just need the good ol' potm back, that's pretty much it.

Originally posted by pritch
uh, the front page feels kinda... empty now. all the hosted projects links, kinda gave the site its substance. It needs some more stuff there IMO (don't ask me what)

Options page, turn on "Expanded" hosted sites menu, the end.

Actually, I think it's better.
The older design was cumbersome, and the Drop-down menu tucks away the important stuff.

Thumbs up over here.

I made a custom style sheet, located at doomworld.com/fredrik/dw/test.css

It's based on Orion's gray theme, I just made it a little darker and fixed the missing graphics around the top story and the date lines.

Other DW skins to come from me in the future :]

Heh, I have the sidebar on the left, gives DoomWorld a much different feel...

Fredrik's themes should be added to the dropdown list, for everyone to use. I'd rather not search through millions of forum threads and posts to find the URLs in case I feel like using those CSS's one day, for no apparent reason, at all... :P

Thought I'd ask about two things on the design because they keep bugging me, and I don't see any settable options for these:

1. News pieces have their comment thread links nicely under the news title (e.g. "Classic Doom - Posted by Julian - 0 Comments"), however top stories don't, I have to click on the title and then this line comes up with the link. Any reasoning behind this? I'd much prefer that link on the front page under the top story.

2. On the comment thread pages, news pieces are stripped of their links. Any reasoning behind this? This bugs me particularly as I usually read the comments for Newstuff first and then decide what to download based on the comments, now I have to go back to the main page to have links for download.

Thanks,