Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mexican Doomguy

Is this logo official?

The author of the post were I took the pic said that it was founded on the id official page, is it for real?

Because, honestly, this logo sucks compared with the classic one.

HavoX said:

I think that's a placeholder... :|

Could be...but let's be honest...it sucks so hard!

That lava thing make the logo looks something with dinosaurs...

It just don't fit.

The design of the logo itself is somewhat earthy, as if to illustrate hell breaking through a concrete floor. We're all too used to the tech themed logo which of course resembles the sci-fi aspect of the game. Personally i kind of like the transition, its almost like an indication of what Doom 4 is aimed to be... Hell on earth.

Six said:

The design of the logo itself is somewhat earthy, as if to illustrate hell breaking through a concrete floor. We're all too used to the tech themed logo which of course resembles the sci-fi aspect of the game. Personally i kind of like the transition, its almost like an indication of what Doom 4 is aimed to be... Hell on earth.

Yep. If they make DOOM 4: Hell On Earth it will be epic.
I just hope this one will be like the first one.

*crosses fingers*

I don't think that logo is too bad, but it only looks good in high-res.

In low-res there's an odd effect that makes it look like it has been fisheyed a bit; probably because the glow around the letters is round instead of following the letter's shape.

Anyway, it's an old logo so they'll probably have changed it by the time the game is ready for release.

Gez said:

In low-res there's an odd effect that makes it look like it has been fisheyed a bit; probably because the glow around the letters is round instead of following the letter's shape.

The dark shading around the top edges of both D and M give off this illusion too.

This logo however, i feel it'll wind up being just a place holder, especially if the original Doom 3 logo is anything to go by. I only hope they don't go from good to bad.

Gez said:

Anyway, it's an old logo so they'll probably have changed it by the time the game is ready for release.

Yep. I just hope you're right. I hate when companies replace their original logos with "modern" version of its.

The original logo is unbeatable.

This logo would look a lot better if it wasn't so extruded, at such an odd angle, and had severely decreased "molten lava" effects.

This logo is truly excellent and captures the essence of Doom II in a way that Doom3's logo failed to do (for Doom I). I can hardly imagine a better effort.

GoatLord said:

This logo would look a lot better if it wasn't so extruded, at such an odd angle, and had severely decreased "molten lava" effects.

^^^TRUE^^^

It looks more like an adventure style game than the action horror DOOM we love.

That's why I hate it.

Id...I love you, but don't put this logo or I will Rip and tear all of your guts...no kidding.

The more MD complains about it, the more I want it to end up being the definitive logo.

DooM_RO said:

I don't see what's wrong with it, it's awesome.

It's got that fish-eye optical illusion which makes it low-quality.

Face23785 said:

Was he banned for posting that?

Doubt it. If the image was a problem, it would have been removed, right?

Face23785 said:

Was he banned for posting that?

He was, according to post hell and context clues, banned for over posting stupid stuff, and eventually shit talking mods for his posts.
He was also banned twice. Once earlier, and now permanently.

He wasn't banned for anything in here, rather being retarded in other areas of the forum. This topic is still somewhat valid though, let's stay on it.

I hated that fish-eye looking logo so much that I've been making a new one in Sketchup. Prepare for a new image thread on it soon.

OP's image isn't displaying anymore. Posting another one as a reminder.

I have to say I'm not seeing this "fish eye" effect people are talking about.

DoomUK said:

OP's image isn't displaying anymore.

If I'm not mistaken, that image is still at Doom Wiki (given the name of the image file Mexican Doomguy posted).