Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ForeverViLe

A question regarding textures&flats

I know that if I want to add more flats or textures I add them via XWE but I only know how to add them one by one.
Is there a way to add a whole foldier of textures or flats once instead of adding them one by one?

If you use SLADE 3 instead of XWE, you can just drag and drop a bunch of stuff from Windows into your opened archive.

Just select the whole content of the directory if so you want. Drag and drop into the entry list of an opened .wad or .pk3 or whatever. Bam. Done.

Don't forget the namespace markers (F_START/F_END for flats, TX_START/TX_END for ZDoom-style standalone textures).

For traditional Doom-styles texture, the images shouldn't be in the F_ or TX_ namespace. You can put them in a patch namespace with P_START/P_END, though oddly enough it's not technically required.

Select them all in SLADE and right-click select "Add to Textures". If you don't already have the TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps, it'll ask you if you want to create them by copying from the base resource archive (the IWAD, in other words) or empty; only ZDoom-derived ports can manage PWADs with PNAMES/TEXTURE1 lumps that don't contain a copy of the IWAD; so be sure to have set Doom2.wad (or whatever other IWAD you use) as the base resource archive first.

Anyway, SLADE 3 will copy the info from the IWAD's own PNAMES and TEXTURE1 lumps, then add all your custom textures to the newly created PNAMES and TEXTURE1 lumps so it'll work fine. Save and you're good to go.