Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Lüt = not dead

It's easy to say "we should've known" in hindsight.

Originally posted by fraggle`
Best troll ever. Kudos to whoever thought this up, they are an utter genius. This is sick, but hilarious. I'm going to laugh myself to sleep tonight.

Heh, I won't be laughing

First off, apologies for not posting that I was leaving for a while.

I've been getting the urge more and more lately that I should make a complete lifestyle change, most importantly, hurry up and find a job and move out of my current house (living with parents). I decided I would take a few weeks off from the internet and all my computer-related escapades and start planning to move out. I've been looking for a good job near good housing. I can find good jobs and decent housing, but haven't found the proper combo of each. Housing out here generally sucks. 3 of my friends who each worked fulltime had to move out of their 1-bedroom apartment because they couldn't pay rent and buy food at the same time. I found out about 5 weeks ago that I have $8000 of saving bonds (which I didn't know about), so that can cover me for almost a year. But that's a different story. I have been busy the last few weeks packing up most of my belongings for when I do move.

I had considered posting a goodbye message, but decided that I'd just disappear for a while 1) so that I didn't feel inclined to check responses to my post and 2) to see the speculation of what might have happened to me, like "maybe he went outside and melted", or "he died from forum withdrawal" or something similar to that :P

Obviously my recent status of "dead" and it's responses weren't quite what I was expecting. I now know what actually happened, however since it's over I'll just let it rest and ask everybody else to do the same.

I've had one of my trademark ebay buying sprees, and picked up a copy of WindowsXP Professional for $140 in the middle of it. I've been backing things up the last few days and should get around to installing it by Friday, and if everything goes alright, I'll be back to normal by Friday night. Last time I plugged in the second processor with Win98, the PC went tits up (previous to the splash screen) so I'll have to make sure I didn't get gypped with a bad processor. I actually have 3 so I don't mind if one is bad, except next time I go to Russia I'll bring a tire iron with to beat the guy who sold me a bad processor :P I hadn't planned on reappearing until this weekend, but the current situation demanded my response, so here it is.

Back to normal, folks.

Bloodshedder: Yeah heh... good thing MGON was down today, I tried several times to login and post the news. Glad you read up here, I shoul've emailed you. Btw I'll post some news and stuff tomorrow, take a break :)

YEA! Lüt lives!!!!!! Anyway the funny thing is that I actully wondered if him being dead was a joke. I could just see someone doing this for a sick prank, oh and who ever it is can go crash themselves into a lightpoll unless it was Lüt himself.

I AM SO HAPPY YOU ARE NOT DEAD! Oh, is that Gibberish your AIM Handle? While I thought you were dead, I regretted not talking to you on Aim, heh. ^_^

Whoever did this Should be raped with a Tire Iron and a Billiard Ball, and then Deadnail should have a turn with a Broken chainsaw.

Man, I thought Lüt was gonna be all flattered and moved. But seems like he just thinks we're a bunch of dorks. I woulda said something like "Wow. I don't know what to say. You guys are awesome." But whatever. I just feel like more of a dweeb now.

i hate pranks like this. my cousin did that to me a few years back. I had gone home, to my birthplace. he told me that my aunt and cousin had died of an illness a week before i got there( it can take 2 months to get mail) however my aunt and cousin had stayed a few days in the city helping a a sick friend. my uncle also kind of went with it. however the next morning they arived. i was very upset and i really belived him. so i chased him down and punched him in the face. his nose was bleeding bad and every time he sneezed or something it started agian. also i placed pig shit in his bed, man that was really funny. he lied down and it smeared all on his back

Hey can somebody show me this log? Sounds interesting.

I should have known. I don't know about you guys. I may be pissed off as hell (I HATE BEING DECEIVED ON THE INTERNET) but after all this, it's woken me up quite a bit. Earlier today I convinced my mom to buckle her seatbelt, even though she's like 200lb and the thing squeezes tight around her like a dog collar around a cacodemon. (No offense, mom :) )

But I think I'm gonna go say hi and introduce myself to Lüt. You guys made him sound like a real nice guy so I'm gonna get to know him a little better now. Bye :P

I've been getting the urge more and more lately that I should make a complete lifestyle change

URGE?

I've got the urge...!

Well I can understand your desire to have it all wrapped up, but some of us are deeply hurt by this, and would rather like to know more about who is responsible.

Thank GOD! Welcome back Lut! Guess the Depot is no longer going to be dedicated to you. That is, unless I see the body myself, or Breanne's (whoever that is) body. :P

I hope this all shows people in these forums can put aside their pointless bickering and think to yourself: "What if the one I'm flaming is dead tomorrow?" You'd probably feel super guilty and never want to come back. So, live each day on the forums as if it could be the last in someone's life. You'd look on what you say today as important.

Originally posted by Hellbent
Man, I thought Lüt was gonna be all flattered and moved. But seems like he just thinks we're a bunch of dorks.

Not at all.

I haven't really read that thread. By most people's reactions, I'd be doing them a favor if I didn't, so I won't.

Hey it's Jesus Christ v2.0 back from the dead! It was a bigger deal around here than you think I guess, you actually died to the Doom community... and we're happy as hell to have you back :) Good luck in finding a new apartment and job combo.

Originally posted by doomsick
thanks ling! now, the question is who started this?

I'm afraid we will never know...or maybe we will. I know one thing, they used megaproxy, cause Ling searched for the IP. 1 was for a Doom for win XP, 2 were spam threads in PH and one was on Rugal_1 which was an esco username. Esco says that it must have come from megaproxys...so...we will report it to abuse@megaproxies.com

I was a little suspicious myself, when i did an obituaries search in Lut's area and nothing came up.. I just wanted some evidence before completely believing.. Lut, at least you know how much you are appreciated, although, the person who posted the hoax will probably be dealt with harshly by god for taking pleasure in other's grief. To that person, i hope you burn in hell.

the person who posted the hoax will probably be dealt with harshly by god for taking pleasure in other's grief.

I hope he'll be dealt with harshly by humans, too

Originally posted by Lament
I hope he'll be dealt with harshly by humans, too

Damnit, I'm working on it, hold the fuck on
/me gathers guns and ammo
I'm armed...like a postman

Question...

How does that explain the memorial page at tripod?

I mean where did the pics come from, and how come the description of Lüt's personality and life so far, were realistic?

Originally posted by Amanichen
Question...

How does that explain the memorial page at tripod?

I mean where did the pics come from, and how come the description of Lüt's personality and life so far, were realistic?

Yes, the hoax was pretty elaborate.