Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Lüt = not dead

Archvile: Because he's stupid. When your life revolves around text on the internet and somebody hurts your text based feelings it's often hard to come to grips with stuff.

But sure, you're pathetic for not feeling cheated because the internet isn't your entire life. :P

Originally posted by Dashiva
Archvile: Because he's stupid. When your life revolves around text on the internet and somebody hurts your text based feelings it's often hard to come to grips with stuff.

But sure, you're pathetic for not feeling cheated because the internet isn't your entire life. :P

In other words: He has a life?!

Originally posted by Maonth
Arcvile64: I want to know who ruined my day. Is that too much to ask?

No, as I said in the other post, I respect your opinion, but mine is that this is going a bit too far.

Originally posted by Maonth

In other words: He has a life?!

Heh...I do what I can...

Originally posted by Archvile64
No, as I said in the other post, I respect your opinion, but mine is that this is going a bit too far.

too far? I'm not going to lynch him.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Hellbent
You're pathetic archvile! Like someone who's afraid to stick up for his rights or something. Get a grip man. What matters is Lüt's alive and well? To me that's not what matters, seeing as he was always alive and well all this time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fraggle re: So you dont care that lut is alive at all then, only that someone tricked you and made you look stupid as a result? That to me is pretty pathetic.

[sarcasm] ya... good point fraggle....[/sarcasm]

t3h lú_T h3 waaas in c4r w3n bad crashz0r happ3n5 and he sex0ras arhvile wh0 lives h1m 4ga1n

th3 3nd.

Acually he did have a good point

Ironic seeing as all I've seen from you so far is whining egotistical bullshit about how this is some kind of crime and how we should be "sticking up for our rights".

Because this happened in text format it's not a big deal and should be taken lightly?

Maybe calling Archvile pathetic is a bit harsh but it's like he doesn't realize he's been manipulated. He's just happy Lüt wasn't really dead. As if that was the only thing that mattered. Obviously I was happy to hear he wasn't dead, but it's not all that matters here.

And fraggle, my ego wasn't hurt. That has nothing to do with this. Why can't you just see that an injustice has been done and needs to be rectified? People need to take responsibility. Sure, laugh about it, I already have because in one respect the whole thing is hilarious as hell, but to just let people getaway with this without taking responsibility for their actions isn't right.

Because this happened in text format it's not a big deal and should be taken lightly?

Maybe calling Archvile pathetic is a bit harsh but it's like he doesn't realize he's been manipulated. He's just happy Lüt wasn't really dead. As if that was the only thing that mattered. Obviously I was happy to hear he wasn't dead, but it's not all that matters here.

And fraggle, my ego wasn't hurt. That has nothing to do with this. Why can't you just see that an injustice has been done and needs to be rectified? People need to take responsibility. Sure, laugh about it, I already have because in one respect the whole thing is hilarious as hell, but to just let people getaway with this without taking responsibility for their actions isn't right.

Is there some reason why forming my own opinions is being manipulated? If I was being manipulated, I would go along with what all of you are saying.

And shut up with this taking responsiblity crap. This world isn't fair. Life isn't fair. People do horrible things all the time and don't get jack shit in return. I know it's not right, but it's life. Deal with it.

And fraggle, my ego wasn't hurt. That has nothing to do with this. Why can't you just see that an injustice has been done and needs to be rectified? People need to take responsibility. Sure, laugh about it, I already have because in one respect the whole thing is hilarious as hell, but to just let people getaway with this without taking responsibility for their actions isn't right. [/B]

Responsible how? He (whoever he is) posted a hoax and you fell for it.

How is it a good bbg?

Because he told you to stop making no sense, which is a good point.

hmm.... I never looked at it quite like that. Well, I think hoaxes are ok in general, but hoaxing a death is a little derranged, dontcha think?

Isn't it about the time where Ling comes in and forbids further discussion on this pointless topic?

Originally posted by dr_st
Isn't it about the time where Ling comes in and forbids further discussion on this pointless topic?

I hope so.

When someone really dies and a reletive post
here at the forum.

We won´t beleve it.

That´s the sad part.
Really sad.

LOL@Archvile64. I always thought you were a bright one.

and about that other intelligent thing you said:

I guess we should just stop trying to fight crime since the world is unfair, life's unfair and we should just learn to deal with it, right?

Yeah, yeah... hoaxes aren't exactly crimes, but certain types of hoaxes shouldn't taken lightly, and death ones are one of them. A guy got fired for pulling a prank about there being anthrax in his office building. It's just a question of where you draw the line. At what point is something inappopriate.

When someone really dies and a reletive post
here at the forum.

We won´t beleve it.

That´s the sad part.
Really sad.

Thank you Ghostpilot. That's why y'all who think we should just go "oh well, we were duped, no harm done, let it go, just laugh" need to think a little about the repercussions of this kind of hoax. If Lüt were to die tomorrow....

LOL@Archvile64. I always thought you were a bright one.

and about that other intelligent thing you said:

I guess we should just stop trying to fight crime since the world is unfair, life's unfair and we should just learn to deal with it, right?

Yeah, yeah... hoaxes aren't exactly crimes, but certain types of hoaxes shouldn't taken lightly, and death ones are one of them. A guy got fired for pulling a prank about there being anthrax in his office building. It's just a question of where you draw the line. At what point is something inappopriate.

I'm glad that you've realized that my intelligence is far superior to yours.

Obviously, you're very, very thick. I never said that this wasn't inappropriate. I just said, this person will most likely not be caught, and if he isn't, it's because that's the way life is. I would like whoever did this to be caught and punished. But if Lüt or anyone else who knows isn't going to tell us, then so be it.

I see two very different views on Lut's faked death.. One side telling everyone to "loosen up, it was only a joke" and the other side wanting some kind of retribution. Both sides have very valid points, 1.)people's emotions were played with and they want retribution 2.)giving out the persons name won't solve anything, they're just taking it too far.

Here's my take on it..
Most of the people who are defending the prankster (and you are btw, by telling people to "drop it") did not feel as emotionly strung out over lut's "death" than the people who want retribution... Example: How would you like it if someone told you that your best friend had died, then a night later, oh no nm, he's alive, it was just a joke. Death is not something to be 'joked' about, online or not, period.
I don't think that the part of the community that had their emotions toyed with should just sit back and let the prankster not be known. If they do, these boyish little pranks will continue... now tell me to loosen up, and that he's alive. Actually i am quite cool on this already, but there are a lot of people pissed off and want to know who toyed with their emotions in the harshest form, telling them that someone they knew well was dead, when they were not.

Now, you can tell these people to "loosen" up.. but perhaps you didn't feel the same way that they did about Lut's supposed death. For the people that lit candles, prayed to god etc, not only did the prankster toy with their heads, they messed with their religion. What i'm saying here is that the people who had their emotions strung up, have the right to stand up and say, who did this to me? Sure life is unfair, but they can ask that question.

Thank you Ghostpilot. That's why y'all who think we should just go "oh well, we were duped, no harm done, let it go, just laugh" need to think a little about the repercussions of this kind of hoax. If Lüt were to die tomorrow....

What does the unlikely scenario of Lüt dying tomorrow have to do with anything? If he really did die tomorrow, I'd be quite saddened. But he's not dead, and most likely won't die tomorrow, and it has nothing to do with this hoax. Your logic is very warped.

Originally posted by Fusion
I see two very different views on Lut's faked death.. One side telling everyone to "loosen up, it was only a joke" and the other side wanting some kind of retribution. Both sides have very valid points, 1.)people's emotions were played with and they want retribution 2.)giving out the persons name won't solve anything, they're just taking it too far.

I never said I didn't want retribution. I just said it's not important enough to go on and on and on about forever.

Here's my take on it..
Most of the people who are defending the prankster (and you are btw, by telling people to "drop it") did not feel as emotionly strung out over lut's "death" than the people who want retribution...Example: How would you like it if someone told you that your best friend had died, then a night later, oh no nm, he's alive, it was just a joke. Death is not something to be 'joked' about, online or not, period.
I don't think that the part of the community that had their emotions toyed with should just sit back and let the prankster not be known. If they do, these boyish little pranks will continue... now tell me to loosen up, and that he's alive. Actually i am quite cool on this already, but there are a lot of people pissed off and want to know who toyed with their emotions in the harshest form, telling them that someone they knew well was dead, when they were not.

Now, you can tell these people to "loosen" up.. but perhaps you didn't feel the same way that they did about Lut's supposed death. For the people that lit candles, prayed to god etc, not only did the prankster toy with their heads, they messed with their religion. What i'm saying here is that the people who had their emotions strung up, have the right to stand up and say, who did this to me? Sure life is unfair, but they can ask that question.

I beg your pardon, but I was quite strung out when I heard the "news". I look at Lüt as a good friend of mine from this site, and the shock of his apparant death hit me pretty hard. I am actually saying what I do in his defense...he's the one who doesn't want to make a big deal out of this.

quote:

What does the unlikely scenario of Lüt dying tomorrow have to do with anything? If he really did die tomorrow, I'd be quite saddened. But he's not dead, and most likely won't die tomorrow, and it has nothing to do with this hoax. Your logic is very warped.

Come on Archvile. Just think about it for a minute. If you honestly can't see the plain logic here, maybe someone will be kind enough to illuminate it to you. I don't feel like explaining it though....

Come on Archvile. Just think about it for a minute. If you honestly can't see the plain logic here, maybe someone will be kind enough to illuminate it to you. I don't feel like explaining it though....

Mm hmm, because you've finally realized that you really aren't making any sense and you don't know what you're talking about.

I beg your pardon, but I was quite strung out when I heard the "news". I look at Lüt as a good friend of mine from this site, and the shock of his apparant death hit me pretty hard. I am actually saying what I do in his defense...he's the one who doesn't want to make a big deal out of this.

Umm... speaking of warped logic, what are you saying here? I honestly can't make any sense of it.

First off, why does Lüt need any defending.

Second, if Lüt faked his own death, are you still going to be defending him??????

quote:

Mm hmm, because you've finally realized that you really aren't making any sense and you don't know what you're talking about.

LOL! Oh, that's precious. You'd best just stop before you make a complete fool of yourself Archvile.