Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Lüt = not dead

Originally posted by dsm
Well Breanne, I hope you are enjoyin' yourself pullin' such hoaxes, 'cause when you die (and you WILL die sometime) you'll get all the grief you caused back in your own worthless loser face when you go to HELL.
}:-[

We're all angry, and this was not a nice trick to play on anyone. But in the large scheme of things, if this is Hell-worthy, we're ALL going to hell for something.

Could of been anyone on mIRC. Any lurker.

No it could not. Read my post again. How would some lurker know that Lüt had not had any private conversations with his closer friends like deadnail, or Zaldon during the previous twelve days? How could some lurker know that Lüt hadn't had a short ICQ or Aim chat with someone who posted in the forums?

In the prankster's thread Ralphis posted:

I just heard waldon talked to him on AIM 2 days ago. Is this some kind of sick joke?

That was like almost a full day later. I have to say I don't know who waldon is. I don't think he posts much in the forums (can anyone correct me on this?). darknation are you going to tell me the prankster got that lucky? Was waldon the only person Lüt talked to during those 12 days?

Think now. Really. This prank worked perfectly. The communtiy as a whole was taken in. Sleepy_boy was suspicious (turns out, rightly so) but was only going on a gut feeling. He had no proof. Everybody else, including you, including Ling, including the entire Doomworld staff was fooled. A lot of very very smart people believed it. Why? Because they had no reason not to. They had no reason not to because none of them had heard from Lüt in the past two weeks.

And the prankster knew that.....

Now all that has to be done is to find the person(s) who had that knowledge. If someone other than Lüt fits that bill, I will be extremely happy.

Waldon is a well known and respected Doomer, roommate with Bahdko.
He doesn't post on these boards though.

First of all, I saw Vominous in another post about Lüt about a week or less ago. He said he hadn't heard from Lüt either. And it's not like he posted here every day or anything, so his lack of posting recently isn't as shocking as maybe you guys are making it out to be.

And Java Guy: I can honestly say I have never done anything this horrible. I don't fuck around with death.

Yes...but Vominous both knows Lüt in real life and posts here...hmmm...

I think you guys are going overboard with the conspiracy theories. Lüt's alive and well, and should return to posting once he finishes moving.

I don't think there's a conspiracy. I think there is one person behind this.

'C'mon people. Poke holes in my statements. Shred them to bits. I'm telling you, this is one argument I would dearly love to lose. I consider Lüt a friend. This is making me sick :(

How come people are afraid to say the obvious? Lüt came up with this scam, quite possibly together with someone else, but he definitely knew about it. Seeing as it went over the line he decided to act all suprised. Just another sorry bastard begging for some attention...and he sure got enough to feed on for a while. Anyone not seeing this is either blind or stupid, and should ask themselves why he so quickly wanted us all to "forget about the whole thing and move on". Your reasoning makes perfect sense as well stphrz, and its obvious you've realized what a suprisingly small ammount of gollable posters have.

Alright, let me best try to explain how I feel on all this.
Emotion makes us human. And to be human we must feel all emotions, including anger, sadness, and all sorts of unpleasant anti-social emotions. No you've just had one more experience, and are a little more human than you were before. No only that, but when you found out LuT was alive, think about how happy you were. You got a chance to feel a certain kind of joy you haven't felt before. I know it sounds stupid, but you are wiser than before in an emotional sense, and that can't be all bad.

Originally posted by JavaGuy
Alright, let me best try to explain how I feel on all this.
Emotion makes us human. And to be human we must feel all emotions, including anger, sadness, and all sorts of unpleasant anti-social emotions. No you've just had one more experience, and are a little more human than you were before. No only that, but when you found out LuT was alive, think about how happy you were. You got a chance to feel a certain kind of joy you haven't felt before. I know it sounds stupid, but you are wiser than before in an emotional sense, and that can't be all bad.

Bullshit. I'm sorry but that doesn't wash for one second. This prank did no one any favors. It taught no redeeming life lessons. If anything, it makes the victims more cynical and less sensitive. There is simply no way to justify it. On any level.

Originally posted by stphrz
I don't think there's a conspiracy. I think there is one person behind this.

It's a conspiracy of one! Nobody wins! :P

stphrz: I think a lot of people suspected, but nobody had the balls to say 'you know, he's probally not dead dudes'. Everyone was in Diana Mode.

but then again, everyone knows lut better than me here, I've only spoken to him via forums very occassionally. And when you think abut it, how many people really know him? This internet bullshit is a pretty poor substitue for real life, so I guess only the core of his best friends (online or otherwise) will ever really know what happened, and it's really none of my buisness, so i'm gonna shut up now.

That's just what happens when you trust what you read on the net.

Am I right, or am I right?

Mark my words : Stphrz is in the right direction. The rest of you are wrong. I know the answer, but it's up to Lüt to make it official (apparently he won't).

I just wanted to say that the answer is asstastically easy and that there is no conspirancy going on in the background.

Mark my words : Stphrz is in the right direction. The rest of you are wrong. I know the answer, but it's up to Lüt to make it official (apparently he won't).

I just wanted to say that the answer is asstastically easy and that there is no conspiracy going on in the background.

I think there is one person behind this.

That could mean anything.

Originally posted by Linguica
ARIOCH? MORDETH? HELP WITH THE REDESIGN?

HA.

HA HA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I didn't know if mordeth helped, now I see he didn't. I thought arioch did something for the music page or something? Bah, I must be confused...

Originally posted by Boingo
That's just what happens when you trust what you read on the net.

Am I right, or am I right?

I trust everything I read on the internet :P

Originally posted by Zaldron

I just wanted to say that the answer is asstastically easy and that there is no conspirancy going on in the background.

Originally posted by Lament
WTF?

As far as I know, Lüt only told me, Zaldron, and deadnail who it was. Yes, Zaldron is right, it is easy. Yes, we do know the pranker.

In any event, Lüt wants everyone to drop it, so drop it.

Originally posted by Liam the Bard

/me drops it

Oh well. I don't get this. At all.

You're not supposed to. That's the fun part.

Whatever.

And ever. Amen.

Allow me to end dis stupid dispute (hopefully).... WHO CARES WHO DID IT SPECIFICALLY! Dis shit was obivously done by ASSHOLES! Assholes with:

1)No lives
2)Lots of free time
3)No chance of ever gettin a woman EVER, let alone gettin they dicks wet!!

Lüt is alive and well.... dat's all dat matters.... I don't know about ya'll, but dat's more than enough good news for me to last a long time! Great to see dat you is okay, big dawg! :D

/me lights da BIGGEST BLUNT IN ALL DW history and passes it to da Albino Negro/
¦]-~

Originally posted by Da_Esco
Allow me to end dis stupid dispute (hopefully).... WHO CARES WHO DID IT SPECIFICALLY! Dis shit was obivously done by ASSHOLES! Assholes with:

1)No lives
2)Lots of free time
3)No chance of ever gettin a woman EVER, let alone gettin they dicks wet!!

Lüt is alive and well.... dat's all dat matters.... I don't know about ya'll, but dat's more than enough good news for me to last a long time! Great to see dat you is okay, big dawg! :D

/me lights da BIGGEST BLUNT IN ALL DW history and passes it to da Albino Negro/
¦]-~

Originally posted by fodders
As L(daft U)T is legally dead, is it ok for me to go ahead and kill him now?

I'LL GIVE YOU A BOX OF CHOCOLATES IF YOU KILL ME!!

Originally posted by Rellik
If I was Lüt, I'd:

1. be very touched

Check.

2. laugh hysterically

Check.

3. GET MILLENIUM RELEASED ALREADY GODDAMN IT!

Uhhhhhh......

/me gets box of chocolates ready for fod

:P

I'LL GIVE YOU A BOX OF CHOCOLATES IF YOU KILL ME!!

I'll give you a box of chocolotes so fodders will kill you IF you release Millennium ;)