Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kira

If you are concerned about privacy you may be a terrorist

I'm glad I don't live in the US, otherwise the NDAA would jail me to Guantanamo if I tried to be alone.

printz said:

I'm glad I don't live in the US, otherwise the NDAA would jail me to Guantanamo if I tried to be alone.

Guantanamo? The NDAA allows them to jail you in a military prison on American soil for as long as they want. If you're going to Guantanamo, than America has abducted you and the NDAA doesn't apply.

Technician said:

Guantanamo? The NDAA allows them to jail you in a military prison on American soil for as long as they want. If you're going to Guantanamo, than America has abducted you and the NDAA doesn't apply.

Well, okay, American soil.

K!r4 said:

Cyberpunk books are going to be great survival guides after all.

Yeah, those technological cyberpunk worlds ended up being a lot crappier than everyone thought, didn't they? Things change when fiction becomes reality. Also, don't forget the little speech section in my song Cyberpunks.

Anyway, if I'm following this article correctly, the fact that I occasionally use Tor basically makes me a terrorist. If you stop hearing from me, assume I've been indefinitely detained.

Looks like they haven't done much more than dust off some old flyers and replace communist/spy with terrorist. Of course anyone who values their privacy is automatically suspect since they obviously have something to hide, though they're not necessarily terrorists - more likely pedos, illegal immigrants, drug dealers and/or software pirates.

GreyGhost said:

Looks like they haven't done much more than dust off some old flyers and replace communist/spy with terrorist. Of course anyone who values their privacy is automatically suspect since they obviously have something to hide, though they're not necessarily terrorists - more likely pedos, illegal immigrants, drug dealers and/or software pirates.

I fear we're entering a new era of pariahs. Whoever doesn't follow their governments ruling to a 't' will be narc'd, labeled, and both socially/politically disposed of.

"Where's Bill?"
"Gov got 'em. I think he's a 'pirate-terrorist-pedophile'."

What I find horrifying is this kind of paranoia we'd find in the cold war era was generated by an enemy. This time it's all self inflicted with made up enemies.

It's in situations such as these that I appreciate the -relative- laxness and leeway regarding laws and regulations is Greece: something like that simply would never ever get close to being enforced, and we never bought into that whole "terrorism" thing to begin with. Such a bill would receive an "uh-uh" type of response and that's it.

Of course, a LOT of other more important stuff isn't enforced as well while other, potentially as bad stuff is enforced (sometimes), but that's a story for another time...

Moriarti said:

As long as you have nothing to hide, you shouldn't care if anybody watches you.

It's not often that we have an ex-president post here, Mr. Bush.

Moriarti said:

As long as you have nothing to hide, you shouldn't care if anybody watches you.

Roflmao, I love this! Adults are talking, please hush.