Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kira

[SOLVED] XWE, Doombuilder and GLBoom-plus PNG support

So, I made a PNG texture and wanted to upload it with XWE as raw data. I placed it between markers HI_START and HI_END. Next I loaded the wad on DoomBuilder2 and the texture wasn't available. Being dumb, I said to myself "let's go adding the texture to PATCH and TEXTURE on XWE". Of course it didn't work.

Did I miss a step? Another question: am I doing this for nothing? Because I am not sure GLBoom-Plus support png textures anywhere else than F_SKY or INTERPIC and such...

If you use SLADE, it will let you add PNG to textures.

That said, the HI_ namespace is for replacement, so you should have a normal texture of the same name defined traditionally or within the TX_ namespace.

And, to answer your question, GLBoom+ is perfectly fine with PNG textures and sprites. Just look at the innards of Eternal's voodoo guns (vg.wad). :)

Thanks! I have a reason to try SLADE finally. Have I anything special to do? Will it load it as a patch and voila?

Just import it normally to your wad and it should work. SLADE doesn't try to convert files unless you tell it to.

Well, I have one more question: I did make an animated texture which is 512x512p in HI_START/HI_END with its 64x64 version in PP_START/P_END and... the texture is oversized ingame. It replaces the ROCKREDx animation.

Is it an issue I can't go through? SLADE works like a charm other than that BTW. Thanks Gez!

Edit : Nevermind, I've found the solution: resize REDROCKx in TEXTURE1 to 64x64. Hope it will be helpful to someone else!