Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RDMonkey

Doom Builder 64 - Instantly Crashes on Startup

No matter what I do, I can't figure out why it keeps crashing. I mean, I use use Doom Builder 2 all the time. It works perfectly fine. So Doom Builder 64, *Logically*, would work right? WRONG. I can't even tell you how many times i've uninstalled and reinstalled it.

I don't even get a messge. It just dies. "Doom Builder 64.exe has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution..." It waits about 5 seconds, then disappears. What the hell. You know what, its worked for me before. Recently I reformatted my computer, so now, I reinstall it. AN YOU KNOW WHAT? Nothing. It refuses to work. Someone please tell me what's wrong with it.

I have the same problem, ever since updating to the latest Doom Builder (not DB64) version. Here's what I'm pretty sure is going on: DB2 used to rely on a specific, outdated version of the SlimDX library to run without giving this error. The latest DB2 version now requires a newer version than that. DB64 still relies on the old one, and thus it can't currently coexist on the same computer with the latest version of Doom Builder. Hopefully it won't be difficult for Kaiser to fix the problem.

Well that just sucks. You mean (theoretically) unless doom builder 64 updates to the new slimdx, it will just die as soon as it starts? Well thats beautiful.

Hmm... What if I downgraded my db2? Maybe that would fix it?

*EDIT*
Okay well I can't figure out how to downgrade db2. So i'm going to uninstall it, then re-install db64. I don't want to, but I guess I have to. Cock.