Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathevokatioN

Newt Gingrich Rally In Las Vegas Interrupted By Local Grindcore Band

Newt Gingrich is a corrupt and bought politician douchebag, so naturally this article made my night. :)

Article
A rally for Republican Party nominee Newt Gingrich in Las Vegas on Thursday morning was interrupted by local Nevada grindcore band Traumatic Anal Devastation. Apparently the band showed up outside the rally, plugged their instruments in, and generated what Gingrich staffer Terry ‘The Stick’ Foley called “the sound of a tank driving through a minefield.” Police showed up and pulled the plug on the youthful thugs after about 5 minutes (the equivalent of 20 songs, according to estimates from our grindcore research staff). Singer (used very loosely) for the band Chip “Gravelthroat” Corbin said the inpromptu performance was a political statement based on the band’s agenda for equal rights, animal rights, and support of anti-war movements across the world. When asked how his band’s name reflected their political beliefs, Corbin stated “Traumatic Anal Devastation is obviously metaphorical for the way the government and capitalism has continually raped the public at-large.” When asked how people were supposed to understand the political nature of the lyrics given the undecipherable delivery of them, Corbin responded “Huh? What do you mean?” No reports of hearing loss or more than usual psychological damage from the Gingrich supporters who were present.

http://universenumberfive.wordpress.com/2012/02/04/newt-gingrich-rally-in-las-vegas-interrupted-by-local-grindcore-band-2/

I lost interest after not being able to find any of Traumatic Anal Devastation's music anywhere. Boo. I'm starting to wonder if it's even real.

GoatLord said:

I'm starting to wonder if it's even real.

I doubt it's real. Reading the article more closely, you can definitely tell that it's tongue-in-cheek and rife with jokes and stereotypes that are a bit too obvious(Gravelthroat, 20 songs in 5 minutes, etc.). Still, it would be hilarious if this had taken place, although the world at large would likely never know because it probably wouldn't get much publicity.

Not to mention that, despite the accurate grindcore idioms mentioned, politically motivated grindcore bands never name themselves something more akin to goregrind, which is the case here.

It's funny how what tipped me off to it being fake was mostly the band's name. Political grindcore bands have "serious" names like Napalm Death.

GoatLord said:

politically motivated grindcore bands never name themselves something more akin to goregrind, which is the case here.

Dying Fetus? Yes, I know, they're death metal, not grindcore. But there's a band with a stereotypically gory name whose lyrics are political and stuff.

On topic, I lol'd. Even if this never happened.

Nah, that's more like *drum loop* *groaning* *b-movie sample* *more groaning* *screeching* *another b-movie sample* etc.

Back on topic, this is the funniest article I've read in a long while, real or not.

Man, I actually was starting to believe this was real, subtle jokes included. Would've been damn funny though.

On the other hand, aside from lacking citation and the jokes, the more obvious tell-tale was probably this list of his other articles on the right hand side of the page -

DoomUK said:

Dying Fetus? Yes, I know, they're death metal, not grindcore. But there's a band with a stereotypically gory name whose lyrics are political and stuff.

The original Dying Fetus songs were gory like their name. It wasn't till after they released a couple albums that they wrote political lyrics.

Never heard of Traumatic Anal Devastation. I'm not much a goregrind fan though. Also in the amount of time it takes for a local band to set up, there's no way they would have been able to interrupt anything, especially on the fly and not at a real venue. Pretty funny though.