Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sporku

Post your ride (vehicle thread)

I haven't started a thread in a while, so here goes nothing..

What do you motherfuckers drive? I WANT TO KNOW. Post a picture, if you feel so inclined! Gotta say I'm mildly curious to see what kind of vehicles the denizens of Doomworld possess. Don't own one? Cool, that means you're not tied down by having to shell out absurd amounts of cash for the maintenence/ownership of a vehicle!

I don't give a fuck if you own a Porsche or a motherfucking Toyota Prius. I just wanna see some hot car action up in this bitch.

I am currently in possession of a Nissan Altima 2008, of the 3.5L V6 variety. At the time I got it because I felt it was an aesthetically pleasing car with a decent amount of power underneath the hood. To that end, it has been more than worth the purchase. However, since purchasing the car I've changed jobs and now have an hour long commute to/from work, and unfortunately I am now starting to regret the 3.5L V6 engine, as it's not particularly fuel efficient. Sure, the car can propel itself quite nicely, but I am currently spending anywhere from $40-$70 on gas on a weekly basis.

1998 Peugeot 106.

Not a lot to boast about but it goes easy on the petrol. I haven't actually calculated it precisely but I know you could drive it forever like a lunatic and the fuel gauge would barely move.

DuckReconMajor said:

Hey isn't that the picture where you can see me looking out the window?

Depends, were you creepin' on me handwashing and waxing my car?

exp(x) said:

The Tercel's odometer a couple months ago

Holy damn. I'm guessing you've gotten your money's worth out of that vehicle? :P

Mine is just like this, except I have a small spoiler on the back and two sunroofs.

I think the only interesting part of mine is the sound system. I've got an Alpine deck, McIntosh speakers, and two 350w Alpine subs hooked up to an Alpine amp. Not that big, but it's fun to listen to/feel dubstep on it.

My dad owned a MkIII Ford Capri which achieved 1 million miles on the odometer. Pity we didn't take photographic evidence because people roll their eyes when I tell them this.

AgentSpork said:

Holy damn. I'm guessing you've gotten your money's worth out of that vehicle? :P

The thing is invincible. It must have something to do with the IDDQD license plate I used to have on it.

I drive one of these:

Hooray Texas. We DO actually use it to haul stuff, though.

Manly man's daily driver:
http://imgur.com/a/gogP7

It has a 1.8 liter, four cylinder engine, manual transmission, about 95 horsepower, runs on gasoline and natural gas. Hydraulic steering is the only "bonus" thing in it. It was known in the US as "Fox wagon". As you can see in the third picture I have started to restore it but ran low on cash... :P

2011 Ford Mustang V6. Has the Mustang Club of America package (chrome grill, tri-color badge, special hub cabs, pony emblem embroidered floor mats, all-black interior with leather seating and steering wheel, "MyColor" interior illumination system), with two customizations: I added a textured rear trunk panel and side scoops, and got both free with professional installation from the dealer. Some interior goodies include electric seat warmers, rear-view overlay backing camera, Microsoft Sync, and Sirius satellite radio.

I held out and saved up to get this car for years and I love it.

God I hate the rear end on that.

Currently have a 1997 Honda Civic (EK1, Hatchback). Just something I bought when I moved to Brisbane a year ago. I don't like it much, so I've got this project car to eventually replace it:

Only need to sort out the lower control arm bushes to get a safety cert and rego. I've replaced the axles, suspension, air intake manifold. Fixed a whole lot of minor shit the previous owner never bothered to (loose bolts, broken sensors, wiring shite). Once I've got the cert, stage 2 cams (inc valves, springs and retainers) will be installed.

After the engine work has been done, I'm repainting it (clear coat has come off and the original paint is starting to fade).

Finally I'll ditch it coz Honda's are ridiculously expensive here and get myself a Holden Commodore.

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I'll never grow out of the nineties I'm afraid.

Not my photo.

I drive a Subaru Legacy 2.0GL from '97. Mine is almost the same as this one, just different hubcaps. Its got like 280.000km on the odometer.

The 914! Forgot someone on these boards had one.

Oh, I love these kinds of threads. :D

Here is my 1993 Honda Civic VX (notice the stylish, light-weight wheels). I suppose I should have taken a photo of the car after it came out of the car wash. :D

Had this car for over four years. Put a lot of miles on it. The odometer has never worked all the time (it works about 50 or 60% of the time), even so, it has still recorded a lot of miles. The tachometer also doesn't always read accurately. Should be more like 3250rpms at 100mph.

EDIT: I love my car, even though it has no amenities (no power power steering, no power locks, no heated seats, no blue tooth, no navigation etc. etc.). I guess I like my cars simple, like my computer games.

'Drove down to the auto show in Philly this past weekend with my brother in his baller Volvo V70 R wagon (300 or so horsepower). My brother doesn't like to drive so I drove most the way down and the entire way back. I enjoyed the car's power and when the turbos would kick in it was hard to change gears at a civil shift point. But the rearward visibility isn't as good, changing gears requires more effort than on my car and six gears is a little tedious when your driving around town (the gears' ratios are quite close together). By the end of the trip I was looking forward to getting back in my car to make the super bowl in Boston. Yeah, my car doesn't have the same power, but if I get behind other speeding vehicles (drafting) I can make perfectly good speed while remaining in the tall 5th gear and still return respectable gas mileage numbers, all while averaging 75-90mph on the highway (probably somewhere around 40mpg).

EDIT: Oh, here is a picture of my car after it came out of the car wash:

:D

2001 Santa Fe and a 67 BSA Lightning that went from a Tracy bodied dust bucket to a down and dirty 1960s chopper, no parts younger than 1970.

Hellbent said:

I suppose I should have taken a photo of the car after it came out of the car wash. :D

Where were you driving that got all the blue all over your car?

I drive a 1995 Mazda 626. I don't have a camera, though, and my car is covered in dirt and moss (yeah, moss starts growing on cars here in Washington). The funny thing is that it's only been about 6 months since I last washed it.

I sold my car because I now live in the Bay Area, which has public transportation. I have a badass bike though. No gas and parking is 3 cents an hour at the train. Also the bike has hydraulic brakes which is cool.

Shaikoten said:

I sold my car because I now live in the Bay Area, which has public transportation. I have a badass bike though. No gas and parking is 3 cents an hour at the train. Also the bike has hydraulic brakes which is cool.

Well.... post some pics!

Hellbent said:

The 914! Forgot someone on these boards had one.

Oh, I love these kinds of threads. :D

Here is my 1993 Honda Civic VX (notice the stylish, light-weight wheels). I suppose I should have taken a photo of the car after it came out of the car wash. :D

I've never been a big fan of the EG series. Still, that looks ripe for modding :)

Belial said:

Planky said:

I've never been a big fan of the EG series. Still, that looks ripe for modding :)

It definitely is, but I like the fuel savings. :P