Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j4rio

Slaughterfest 2011 demos [-complevel 9]

1ntru said:

Also, is it just me or you have to rely a lot on luck on the last room? Like, if Cybies don't move the way you expect them, your run is dead.

Nah. You can always jump down from the ledge if you're getting targeted by the cybies. The case you're describing is true for all maps ever made heh.

dannebubinga said:

Nah. You can always jump down from the ledge if you're getting targeted by the cybies. The case you're describing is true for all maps ever made heh.

Oh yeah, I noticed that. You need luck not to survive a gameplay through the map, but you do need it in order to kill them in a speedrun approach. At least that's the impression that I get.
Jumping down from the ledge was what made me lose the 5:XX mark on this map.
I will get back into playing that level this when I can. :)

well here's 5:53 uvmax on 10, fell in end lava twice. Tried a lot and couldn't beat 5:45. Seems killing vile immediately is faster because he'll just resurrect more monsters. Hard to figure out fastest route for 4x cybers; maybe staying low and rocketing imps from ground results in more cyber/rev infighting than just going right up to bfg the imps. You can telefrag all 4 cybers quick but then you have lots of revs left, and not killing a couple cybers first often means getting hit while telefragging.

sf2011v8-10-uvmax-553-ggg.zip

dannebubinga said:

SAV88: Nice time on map 11 :)

Thank you, Daniel! Your map is far too fun to quit after several hours, so I continued playing it until getting a more serious demo :-) To Andy Olivera: please don't add that garbage 2:48 run to the table.

MAP11 UV Speed in 2:36.

sf11-236.zip

dannebubinga said:

map 10 UV-max in 5:45

I tried to keep the revenats in the YK room alive and BFG them later, but I ran out of cells of course.

MAP10 UV-Max in 5:19

This came quite easily so it shouldn't be too hard to beat.

sf10-519.zip

1ntru said:

This came quite easily so it shouldn't be too hard to beat.

Well this sure wasn't easy for me:
5:03 uvmax on 10
Of course it doesn't help that some hacker remotely turned my monstersCheat flag on. The jig is up; it was funny for awhile but can you please turn it back off? I bet I'd be super fast now that I'm used to playing with it on!

sf2011v8-10-uvmax-cl9-503-ggg.zip

Just had some fun with some speedruns, all credits go to Cacatou
Map02 - Nightmare speed in 0:08
Map03 - Nightmare Speed in 0:06.66 ;-)
Map20 - UV Speed in 0:28 (I'm sure 27, maybe even 26 seconds is possible )
- UV Pacifist in 0:32
- Nightmare Speed in 0:28

slaughterfest 2011 demos.zip

MAP18 UV-Max in 8:38

Undone max. Kind of happy with this time. I see map is co-authored by j4rio, so maybe he is going to beat this? (:

This level is very small, plain and linear, kind of ressembling Wolfenstein 3D. That doesn't mean it is any easy though. Monsters absolutely will surround you and push you back. Cell ammo is very limited so you have to use it carefully so you don't have to use rockets or shells against these 23 Cyberdemons. The invulnerability can be used whenever you want, but I found it more convenient, as well as faster, to use it in order to get the BFG faster.

sf18-838.zip

I usually go back/forth quick then mostly infight/kill in the middle, but I got the same time basically (7:07 first exit (since I've last played anyway), 7:30 2nd exit.. whenever I think I did a fast run, my time ends up being worse). Used hud at end to verify max kills. Maybe faster to open cybers first (red area first).

sf2011v8-22-707-cl9-uvmax-ggg.zip

Map25 UV Max in 23:45

O Baron, where art thou?

Hoping to motivate a certain someone to improve his own efforts. ;)

sf25-2345.zip

MAP22 UV-Max in 6:40

A little better now. Lost a few seconds because I forgot to push a switch. I don't think 5:XX is reachable.

Edit: I have just watched my own demo. Damn, the part in which I had to answer the phone looks ridiculous. GGG, get 5:XX already!

sf22-640.zip