Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MRB_Doom

Japan Scrambles Fighters to Meet Russian Bombers

http://en.rian.ru/world/20120209/171225017.html

Any members on this forum from let's say Canada, Japan or Great Britain? These countries have had some visits by Tu-95 strategic bombers every now and then.

In some related form, does anyone have memories of Soviet nuclear subs or later, Russian nuclear subs popping up near one of your country's coast lines where you live?

Russia buzzes other countries with their Tu-95s fairly often. This is just them swinging their dick around, it is a big dumb object (and also has one of the largest RADAR cross sections of any plane full stop.)

It's old? America is keeping their B-52s around until the 2040s as well. I think the main reason is that there hasn't been technological or strategic progress in the "big stupid plane that can carry a lot of bombs a long way" category.

Mr. T said:

Russia buzzes other countries with their Tu-95s fairly often. This is just them swinging their dick around, it is a big dumb object (and also has one of the largest RADAR cross sections of any plane full stop.)

It's old? America is keeping their B-52s around until the 2040s as well. I think the main reason is that there hasn't been technological or strategic progress in the "big stupid plane that can carry a lot of bombs a long way" category.

The B-52 is a flying fortress of helldeath. Why would you retire such a badass machine? I mean even it's full name says "Stratofortress".

MRB_Doom said:
In some related form, does anyone have memories of Soviet nuclear subs or later, Russian nuclear subs popping up near one of your country's coast lines where you live?

No, just British destroyers and nuclear subs :p

dutch devil said:

They should shoot them down, its like cutting their dicks off ;) These were also spotted flying over our country a while ago.

As tempting as it must be, cutting a bear's dick off but leaving his balls behind is not a good idea ;-)

No one will change their bombers when they're meant to bomb and get shot at... as for Russia flying around its bombers... Japan doesn't have territory. Russia does. They're a target... If I had land and Donnald Trump was my neighbor I'd wave my gun around too.

Tu-95s have neat propellers. Canada gets to see lots of them while we scramble one or two of our six-or-so available planes to meet them. :D

Aliotroph? said:

Tu-95s have neat propellers. Canada gets to see lots of them while we scramble one or two of our six-or-so available planes to meet them. :D

They retired the elite squad of flying squirrels then? :D

Russia regulary does this, around 2-3 times a year in northern europe. They also don't reply to radio contact, after which jets are scrambled to come after them. The russians usually skim the border towards the UK, after which the UK air defence takes over.

It's assumed part dick-waving, part gauging air defence reponses.

MRB_Doom said:

Yes. That also includes fighters and battlecruisers. I`m from Norway, so that kinda makes sense, considering Russia wants our north-easternmost fishing and oil-fields. They are showing their teeth every now and then.