Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mbrown

Identity thief alert!

That's kind of unusual... usually people take other peoples' shit and upload it as their own. Now they're doing the inverse, heh?

Gez said:

mbrown == MegaDoomer?

I have been wondering who that guy was...

But I thought "Can't Post" wasn't the same as "On Probation"?

This is a lot of bullshit:

Description : Here is a large Vanilla-themed map that I had created about 5 years ago. I actually completed it 5 years ago, but I didn't want to release it. Now I think it's no harm and it was one that went back to classic design. I have made some changes, recently, like adding custom monsters and balancing gameplay with weapons to accomodate. There is some new music which fits well. Overall, I think I retained the feel of the level while adding a bit. Enjoy!

The map is just a copy of an old Michael Reed map from 1996 (Villa of Pain). The other stuff added is just 10 MB of junk.

"Villa Of Pain" - oh brother ^^
Also wondered about the ingenious sample collection in the wad... strange minds out there.

The archive spammer's trying something new, obviously desperate for a little notoriety but so long as they don't appear in T/nC there's little harm done. I wonder if Ty IP logs uploads?

Gez said:

mbrown == MegaDoomer?

If it is, he should have PM'd someone who can post.

Ty said at the Doomworld /idgame database:
Deleted from the archive. Mirrors will catch up.

GreyGhost said:

If it is, he should have PM'd someone who can post.

That's generally me, and from what I can tell, I have not made this thread. Not to my knowledge anyway. >:P

Gez said:

mbrown == MegaDoomer?

Yeah, he alerts the community for possible frauds, and you (people) ban him in return. Could it be that the primary reason he was banned (his parents saying something about his condition) be also a fake (i.e. someone posing as his parents to shut him up)?

Also, though not so serious as a post, I wish people would stop using the C language double equal when equating people. Two equals is redundant.

GreyGhost said:

His previous posting history when he was obsessing over star ratings has a lot to do with it. I like Brandon, BUT he really must learn when to curb his enthusiasm.

oh, i remember that guy. hilariously concerned with the rating of maps.

The dimdawn files are still present at the New York and Texas mirrors.

There must be something that isn't quite set up right with the mirroring at these two sites, since files don't get removed from them when they are deleted from the main archive (this has also happened consistently on previous occasions).

Pirx said:

oh, i remember that guy. hilariously concerned with the rating of maps.

And polls, and questions that aren't getting answered, and much more obsessive weirdness over many years and countless accounts.

Joe Todd, in the thread linked above, said:

I have recently been asking many questions recently. Most have been about finding secret levels. I have to COMPLAIN on the forums before someone gives me the asnwer. This is over wirh!! From now on, when I ask for a spoiler, you MUST reply the answer or I will get furious and report to the mod. I've already had to report to the mod 5 times. And I will take no more of this "I can't get an answer!!" stuff. So there. Good luck, as I ain't changing my mind!!

Possibly THE best post I have ever read, bar none :P

If that's the same guy, he either started very young or is a better troll than we give him credit for. :D

Concerning MegaDoomer, I think his heart is in the right place. He certainly loves DOOM and is very supportive of both old and new mappers, and I don't think he really has any bad intentions. Having said that, I have to agree with the mods' actions because he hasn't learned to tone down some of his posting habits which come off as annoying to many others on this forum.

GreyGhost said:

If that's the same guy, he either started very young or is a better troll than we give him credit for. :D

No kidding. Certainly fooled me. Never attribute to youth that which is adequately explained by malice. ;)

Personal MegaDoomer highlight: random PMs he sent me complaining about idgames ratings I didn't make.

Phml said:

No kidding. Certainly fooled me. Never attribute to youth that which is adequately explained by malice. ;)

Personal MegaDoomer highlight: random PMs he sent me complaining about idgames ratings I didn't make.

* looks at the link posted by grazza *

so he was already going strong 10 years ago. careful with what we got here. it might be a troll from the time hell itself formed.

Sun Feb 12 10:20:49 PST 2012 Rejected unhotep.txt because: stolen map - - cut it out, jerk
Sun Feb 12 10:20:49 PST 2012 Rejected unhotep.zip because: stolen map - - cut it out, jerk
Looks like those thieves will never learn. :(

Phobus said:

Possibly THE best post I have ever read, bar none :P

I think his second-to-last post is even better:

Joe Todd said:

HavoX said:

Looks like those thieves will never learn. :(

A slow learner but I expect they'll soon get the message, then we'll have to wait and see what they try next.