Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

Not This Shit Again

How funny they do not tell the reader that Breivik used excessive gaming as an excuse to cover his projects. Saying he was homosexual to his family being another option considered.

This shitpaper would have told us that his homosexuality was worth mentionning if he had chosen the second option?

Also, he said that he didn't like war themed games that much, MW2 multiplayer being the exception IIRC.

Edit : nevermind, there was a sentence I jumped through.

sgt dopey said:

I bet they're gonna do the whole pin it on the video game thing again

Let's not forget rock music, the war on marriage, and lack of prayer in schools.

Processingcontrol said:

Hitler breathed.

Therefore, all breathing should be banned.

He was also a painter. Pretty sure that shows a causal relationship between painting pictures and genocide.

Vordakk said:

Hitler was also a painter. Pretty sure that shows a causal relationship between painting pictures and genocide.

Sometimes I wonder what an alternate reality would be like if Hitler stuck with being a painter and was considered some great German artist, instead of becoming the psychotic Nazi dictator that we all know him as. I can imagine that the political environment of the world would be quite different too.

Sodaholic said:

Sometimes I wonder what an alternate reality would be like if Hitler stuck with being a painter and was considered some great German artist...

I think I read somewhere that he wasn't all that good at painting. Or at least certain key people didn't think so, which is why he never advanced as an artist. I guess we have them to blame. They should've just told him he was great so he would have stuck with it :)

Sodaholic said:

Sometimes I wonder what an alternate reality would be like if Hitler stuck with being a painter and was considered some great German artist, instead of becoming the psychotic Nazi dictator that we all know him as. I can imagine that the political environment of the world would be quite different too.

probly this

or someone else would lead a pissed-about-WW1-reparations Germany to war.

Vordakk said:

I think I read somewhere that he wasn't all that good at painting. Or at least certain key people didn't think so, which is why he never advanced as an artist. I guess we have them to blame. They should've just told him he was great so he would have stuck with it :)

Actually, he wasn't all that bad.

In fact, it's rather interesting to think that the only thing that really would have stopped Hitler while still being moral (IE: Preemptive murder via time travel or some shit) would be to give artists the ability to actually live via their work. But again, it wasn't so much Hitler as much as the general anger in Germany at the time.

sgt dopey said:

I bet they're gonna do the whole pin it on the video game thing again

Only stupid people would do that. There are too many video game players these days to generalize. They're probably mentioning video games as a simple interesting character trait of that murderer, nothing more, nothing less. To show that he's quite childish or something.

Kudos to the first guy to make a Breivik-inspired Doom level, just to piss off moral guardians.

In addition to playing “World of Warcraft,” Breivik also played computer games including “Modern Warfare,” “Elder scrolls,” “Dragon Age” and “Warhammer.

Hmm....but with so many fantasy games in his "arsenal", shouldn't he have ended up posing as Viking Berserker warrior or something, instead of a generic "black ops wannabe" gunman? Shouldn't he mow people down with an axe and sword, instead of shooting? It would have been much more epic and symbolic, in his mind (I bet he considered it, but decided against that due to the difficulty in getting good quality Viking weaponry, not to mention the training/conditioning necessary to become a berserker).

Maes said:

(I bet he considered it, but decided against that due to the difficulty in getting good quality Viking weaponry, not to mention the training/conditioning necessary to become a berserker).

He would get shot down lol.

printz said:

He would get shot down lol.

TBQH I recall he never shot back at the police and just let himself be passively arrested at the end of his killing spree (correct me if I'm wrong), which was probably his plan all along, since he obviously wanted to gain visibility through what he perceived to be some sort of martyrdom. His plan probably involved stopping whenever the police showed up, and at that point, what difference would it make if he used handguns, a bazooka or a crossbow, if he had no intention of resisting?

And that was Norway, not Texas, so I don't think he expected to find armed resistance from any of his victims. That being said...it's much harder to kill 70 people using melee and bladed weapons without making a mistake and being immobilized at some point or simply getting exhausted from chasing them around, unless you are very well trained, resilient, a good tracker and truly none can get close to you without getting at least badly maimed.

It's not like there's going to be any serious ramifications on the gaming industry thanks to this kind of article. There never is.

Breivik spent 500 hours playing “World of Warcraft” alone.

500 hours? That's it?

Hmm...so how come they didn't blame the marines pissing on Taliban corpses on playing too much Postal 2, where you can do exactly that ("witty" comments included)? Maybe it's different if you do it in the name of Freedom and Democracy with a license to kill?

The things that you can do in Postal 2 are VERY consistent with typical war crimes documented ever since WW 2 from all sides, and Postal 2 didn't even exist back then.

Let's face it, the moral guardians just don't want to confront the fact that it is actually in the nature of humans to commit acts like this - hence the popularity of games that work on this kind of "fantasy". They're getting cause and effect the wrong way round, IMO.

Also, Hitler seems to have been a pretty good artist. Probably not an all time great, but those pictures linked on that site really aren't bad!

Contemptible person indulged in extremely popular hobbies, film at eleven.

In other shocking news, it has been revealed that Breivik used a car and a refrigerator. It has also been pointed out that he went to school. The smoking gun, however, appears to be that he breathed air: it has been demonstrated by scientists that when breathing results in oxygen-rich blood being pumped into your brain. Who knows what it does then! But studies have shown that 100% of all criminals ever were breathing while they planned and committed their crimes.

Hitler liked orange juice and strawberry jam for breakfast.

Of course, these arguments work the other way around too: many supporters of Hitler, Mussolini, Papadopoulos (Greek dictator from 1967-1973) etc. claim that they were actually "alright" and "okay" because they banned smoking (Hitler), were vegetarian (Hitler again), were against animal cruelty (Hitler again...wow! Jews must really have ranked below pork), founded a school, increased agricultural funding, built a road, dried a swamp up, saved the country from communism or other imaginary enemies etc. so they couldn't have been that bad, now, could they?

Maes said:

Hitler liked orange juice and strawberry jam for breakfast.

Of course, these arguments work the other way around too: many supporters of Hitler, Mussolini, Papadopoulos (Greek dictator from 1967-1973) etc. claim that they were actually "alright" and "okay" because they banned smoking (Hitler), were vegetarian (Hitler again), were against animal cruelty (Hitler again...wow! Jews must really have ranked below pork), founded a school, increased agricultural funding, built a road, dried a swamp up, saved the country from communism or other imaginary enemies etc. so they couldn't have been that bad, now, could they?

I've heard people say that if, somehow, Hitler had died around 1936 he would probably be remembered as one of the 20th century's great European leaders. Who knows?

500 hours... lol. Before I nixed my account, I was somewhere in the 150 days played range. Maybe Brevik was ganked too many times capping The Overlook by Marxfoeva.

You know what I couldn't understand was his choosing of the Templar Knights as his terrorist 'group' name. They were a Christian sect that ended up worshiping a mummified human head named Baphomet and sacking Christian towns for their riches. Doesn't exactly reflect the traditional Christian values he was trying to defend.

Ed said:

You know what I couldn't understand was his choosing of the Templar Knights as his terrorist 'group' name. They were a Christian sect that ended up worshiping a mummified human head named Baphomet and sacking Christian towns for their riches. Doesn't exactly reflect the traditional Christian values he was trying to defend.

trolling on purpose again? in all seriousness, this is the first time i actually see someone use the official catholic church explanation for disbanding the templar knights and putting their leaders to torch. i even believed that everyone with a critical viewpoint on that historic era (=everyone not catholic) already agreed that the whole process was a complot by the pope and the french king who both wanted to 1) remove a strong competitor to power, 2) get rid of their serious debts to the order, 3) get rich on their treasuers $$$. also they got rich mostly by sacking the middle east, didn't they?

i'm not a history buff, though, so i'm willing to be proven wrong with some good linking action.

FUN FACT: Ed is a full-fledged Cardinal, running for Papacy.

I was under the impression that the sacking of Constantinople was pretty common knowledge?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantinople

As far as worshiping Baphomet goes, there are as many sources saying they did as there are saying did not. Or that it was a representation of John the Baptist or it was a representation of Mohammad, or it didn't exist at all. So I'll retract what I said in such a definitive way due to the fact that it was almost 1,000 years ago and there's no one at all, anywhere that can say for sure. (Among the other 200 or so mysteries / conspiracy theories / sensationalism surrounding the Templar Knights)

Edit: Also, I'm only repeating what my History teacher told me in 8th grade. Maybe he was a Mary worshiper, I don't know.. but needless to say, I am no supporter of the Catholic church or any kind of ancient or modern Christian crusader group either.