Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr Curween

my website on doom clones

Hello

I am new to this forum and I do not know about the rules regarding advertising on this forum and I hope that my post is not considered as spam. If so tell me.

First I would like to tell that Doomworld has always been one of my favourite websites and one of the first internet site I met.

I just wanted to let you know of my humble website [Doom Encyclopedia] http://doomencyclo.free.fr/ who talks about Doom & clones that Doom has inspired. For the moment the "readable" content is quite limited (at least in the english version) but I am working a lot on it. I am collecting all doom clones and some of them can be downloaded from my site. These are not warez but abandonware as these rare games can not be bought anywhere and most of time companies that developed and published them are dead. This is not the main part of the site though even if that bring me most of my visitors. Now that I have a quantitative audience, I would like to have a qualitative one.

I also would like to recruit some Doom clones fan to help me work with the site on the editorial aspect and on english translation of my reviews. You'll be fully credited of course and have the status of co-webmaster. Just send a mail to drcurween@yahoo.fr

Cheers

bah, I just got 14 on that quiz, sux0r!

/me goes off shamefully and revises computer games.

Cool site!
[edit]I just found a minor flaw in the FPS engine section: It lists Rise of the Triad under Wolf3d-powered games. This is rather incorrect - RotT is powered by the Doom engine, but the potential of the Doom engine is sadly underused so it just looks like a beefed-up Wolf3d engine[/edit]

from dsm :
>Cool site!
>[edit]I just found a minor flaw in the FPS engine section: It lists >Rise of the Triad under Wolf3d-powered games. This is rather >incorrect - RotT is powered by the Doom engine, but the potential of >the Doom engine is sadly underused so it just looks like a beefed-up >Wolf3d engine[/edit]

Rise Of The Triad is powered by an heavy modified Wolf 3-D Engine. It has some goodies from Doom because Tom Hall left Id Software to develop Rise before Doom was actually released. But the basis is the Wolf 3-D Engine.

That comes directly from 3D Realms, former Apogee, website, history section.

from bhigbadgangsta:
> Yo, that site has abandonwarez on it dude, that is not tolerated >here.

Ooops, I am really sorry, I did not know. I understand very well, if so the admin can delete my post, no problem.

Cheers

How about you remove the abandonwarez? If the site didn't have abandonwarez on it, then maybe you could send your site to news@doomworld.com I already showed Linguica, he said he can't link to it because of the abandonwarez...just remove them, put them on a different site or whatever, and its all good.

I just did it...that's funny because I just was fed up with abandonware : these community sucks. And I do not need them so I can concentrate on the real content of my site.

And I have also removed the enterring Duke Sound (in fact that was a mp3 not a wav). I do not like it anymore too and it autostarted downloading the mp3 file if you had Getright enabled so I just kick it... ;)

Sorry there is the word abandonware that appears two times in the main page but I have some last things to clean up with my former friends.

I even removed the emulation part as it was not legal either.

I guess I deserve some cool news no ? ;)

The size of my site was 300 Megs two hours ago... now it is 15 Megs and I feel light, light, so light !

See you ;)

Dr Curween