Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowmadness54

Hexen/Heretic WADs?

I've been looking really hard for some of these. Just a good WAD for these games that replaces weapons or monsters. While sure we have a shit ton of DOOM wads like this every where, I want to see more medieval themed weaponry and monsters. I see so much awesome stuff on Realm 667 that'd work perfectly for this, but I dont have the time to go ahead and gather all those WADs and make them usable all together at once, and then making the maps and placing the weapons and enemies in them.

Does anyone know where any decent Heretic/Hexen wads are that aren't just new maps?

I've tried Dreams of Majik, which was pretty close.

There's HPack for GZDoom being worked on now, but it's not done. It adds 6 new episodes with new monsters, weapons, items, props, textures, etc. Even the original monsters and weapons have been altered a little bit. Other than that, though, I don't know of any that adds more than levels.

There's a mod on the ZDoom forums that does just what you're looking for. The name escapes me right now though. I'll update this post if I remember it or manage to dig it up.

EDIT: Ok, I got some stuff. Heretic: Element Storm was what I was thinking of. Haven't played it myself but it could be cool. Also, Serpent: Resurrection, which I have played and will attest to the greatness of.

Gez said:

Look here and here.

Nice that most of those mod articles (except Serpent Resurrection lol) weren't written by their authors. Review gets more neutral that way.

I tried serpant resurrection and it just destroyed by copy of Heretic. No matter what I do, I get Fatal Error, even with other WADs.

Then I saw it was meant for Hexen, which actually still did not work.

I will have to try the others later.

yellowmadness54 said:

I tried serpant resurrection and it just destroyed by copy of Heretic. No matter what I do, I get Fatal Error, even with other WADs.

Then I saw it was meant for Hexen, which actually still did not work.

I will have to try the others later.

Did you update GZDoom, it requires 1.5.03 or higher.