Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
perkristian

The hi-res Doom sound pack is updated

40oz said:

Awesome! An update to the best doom enhancement wad ever!

It's tied for first place together with the smoothly-animated-weapon pack by... Per Kristian.

Well, we are not only doing this because we are nice, you know. This is also done to motivate you to continue your work on it. ;)

BTW, does it help? :)

This is the only sound mod I use and have been waiting for this all to be completed long before I started my Doom Project. Right now I test my mods while using Per Kristian's music/sounds.

ellmo said:

It's tied for first place together with the smoothly-animated-weapon pack by... Per Kristian.

Mmmmm, well the smoothly animated weapons can break compatibility with wads that come with dehacked patches or decorate patches, I haven't had perkristian's sound pack interfere with anything. Even wads with new soundfx gain priority over the sound pack, but whatever isn't replaced uses the high quality sounds.

Sorry for bumping such an old topic but I wonder if you've made any more progress on this? Also, have you thought about also doing hi-res Heretic/Hexen/Strife sound packs?

Sorry, no progress lately. I don't know where to look anymore. I've quite thoroughly gone thru most of the Sound Ideas sound effect archives that were available at the time Doom came out.

I did find a few sound effects for Heretic while I was looking for Doom sounds and sort of started on a Heretic sound pack, but gave up... The game I've found the most sound effects for besides Doom is Duke Nukem 3D, but still it's just a fraction compared to the number of Doom sounds.

I would especially be interested in that Heretic sound pack, if you wouldn't mind sharing it?

I tried to convert the sounds to Doom format in latest SVN build of SLADE but nothing happen. Does anyone have any idea why?

perkristian said:

Here is the sound pack I made for Heretic:
http://www.perkristian.net/misc/pk_heretic_sfx.zip

Keep in mind that this is an incomplete pack, and I've improvised on some of the sounds I didn't find the original source for - I used my own voice for the wizard sounds :-P

Impressive, though I have to admit the Golem sounds a bit different from what I imagined he would, perhaps because he sounds like Quake's Ogre in your pack. Very dramatic death sound for a low level bad guy as well :p

Still, it will be fun to kill all those Perkristian clones (the Disciples) :p

Sorry for pumping such an old topic, but can you upload the High Quality Duke Nukem 3D sound pack you mentioned? It would be REALLY appreciated! I've found some HQ files myself, but I would LOVE to see what you have done on it! Please, it would be very appreciated! :D

Lies, It is not updated, this is old topic. thanks for the DUMB BUMB.

Sokoro said:

Lies, It is not updated, this is old topic. thanks for the DUMB BUMB.

What are you talking about? What I asked is his HQ Duke Nukem 3D sound pack he mentioned before. Also, I suggest for you to remove this custom title, it's really annoying.

He probably would, if he could...

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

He probably would, if he could...

I bet it's because nobody asked him. But I do... Please Perkristian!

He can't remove the title Quaker, only (super?)mods or admins can.

Glaice said:

He can't remove the title Quaker, only (super?)mods or admins can.

Thanks for that info! :)

Just a question, because you look very familiar; Are you Mr.Chris? Haha, because I liked his videos and his Facebook page.

Still, Perkristian, can you upload the Duke Nukem 3D HQ Sound Pack you mentioned? It would be REALLY appreciated, please!

Yes, that is me. Just an existing alias I decided to use to retire my old name I've had since 2002.

perkristian said:

I'll see what I can dig out of the archive.

YES!!! That means that you'll share the HQ Duke Nukem 3D Sound Pack? I've an HQ Sound pack already, but I can't find most of the sound effects. Duke Nukem PSX was a good choice to take sounds (I've almost every sound from my PSX, in the correct sample rate and in .WAV), but you Perkristian... You've did a very nice HQ sound pack right here, and I'd LOVE to see what you've done! Can't wait to see that one uploaded!

Mr. Perkristian... I know this is a bit of a bump for an old thread....
But has anyone considered making a Hi-Res PSX Doom sound pack?! :D

AshWilliams43 said:

Mr. Perkristian... I know this is a bit of a bump for an old thread....
But has anyone considered making a Hi-Res PSX Doom sound pack?! :D

Well... I'm not too sure about this. Lots of PSX Doom sounds were possibly created by hand as they sound original, and not stock sound effects. The only sounds I could think that PSX Doom has stock is the Pistol, Shotgun, SSG and the BFG9000. I can't think of anything else.

Indeed a difficult sound pack to do. Many of the sounds seems to be modified versions of the original Doom sounds. The plasma rifle and shotgun sounds are definitively from Terminator 2. The pistol fire may be taken from the Banshee gun in Quarantine.