Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
laztozia

Risen3D / Doom II Master Levels Help

Hi guys,

I've search the net far and wide for an answer to this...

I'm attempting to load the Master Levels wads into Risen3D but I seem to be getting several errors. When I load them from a .zip file it says that it '"can't autoload more than 6 at a time' which I don't understand. When I attempt to load an individual wad it says that the wad is invalid. These wads have been copied from an original Master Levels for Doom II CD-Rom so I wouldn't have thought there would be a problem?

Can anybody tell me where I'm going wrong?

Many thanks,
LZ

maybe it is having a problem loading more than 6 levels number 1's at once. have you tried it after unzipping it?

many of those run on level 1 as I recall.

Searcher said:

maybe it is having a problem loading more than 6 levels number 1's at once. have you tried it after unzipping it?

many of those run on level 1 as I recall.

I think that could have something to do with it. I have had some luck though - I can run each wad individually if I use the "-file" code in the command box. However I wanted to be able to play all the Master Levels back to back - is this not possible? Thanks again.

laztozia said:

I wanted to be able to play all the Master Levels back to back - is this not possible? Thanks again.

As Searcher states, most are on map 01, so can only be played individually. What I have done is made a specific folder for them ... e.g. c:\Risen3D\R3DGames\MASTER LEVELS\Gwads\*.wad and *.txt ( all master level pwads and txt files here ).

Now you can play them individually without using -file.

BTW my next addons.exe will contain an addition for these - the map name at level startup and in the automap, and in the console, level name and author.

I came across the "more than 6 levels" problem with risen3d, it seems that the source port is the culprit - can't load more than 6 levels at once, even if the level numbers in each wad are different.

This is not a problem per-se. Please tell me what mapset "out there" comes with more than 6 wads ? I can only think of levels.wad, sound.wad, sprites.wad, graphics.wad = 4 wads, not 6.

Also, If there is a wadset out there that does contain more than 6 individual wads to run as intended, please let us know.

In any event, as already stated, more that 6 wads can go into /gwads instead of /pwads to overcome this.

There is no problem.

I'd call such a restriction incompetent coding. The restriction makes no sense and is just stupid. Sorry.

I can understand it if there's some good reasons to put in limitations (e.g. an episode selection menu with more than 8 selections wouldn't fit on the screen anymore so this would be acceptable) - but 6 WADs? Come on!

It's quite frequent that I load 6 or more WADs with GZDoom at once (music, dynamic lights, brightmaps, enhancement skies etc.) plus the actual mod.