Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Guys, we gotta have a Valentine's Day thread at some point

Is Doomworld your Valentine this year?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is Doomworld your Valentine this year?

• Who else could I love?
    • I date real people because I want to fit in.
    • .espmI

Danarchy said:

I'll probably buy about $50 worth of stuff in TF2.

I got the Orange Box on release. I think the only game I've played more than TF2 is Doom.

DuckReconMajor said:

If Activision puts out a new Call of Duty and makes money on it though, oh no it's the end of the world!

The key difference being that these days you need to pay $120US to get the full yearly support out of CoD, whereas TF2 is free to play and updated for free and spending money either gets you cosmetic junk like this or unlocks weapons quicker.

A more compelling comparison would be Battlefield 3, and in particular the fiasco that happened when they nerfed a paid weapon. TF2's weapons get nerfed all the time, but no one complains.

DuckReconMajor said:

Well I hope you can stop feeling like crap about it soon and I'm sorry for being a garden variety asshoal.

No worries - it's a legitimate thing to point out. Were it not for the latter two girls being fully aware of how casual this is for me, I'd have a moral issue with this myself.

I do think going back over there would be awkward but I'm not in your situation and I think you can make decisions well, but just remember as I'm sure we all know even when we feel like we are objective and platonic about someone, we often end up being wrong which leads to unpleasant situations.

I'll be honest, I've had those same concerns myself, but ultimately I'm keeping my word from when she first left. I said I'd go out and see her within a year of her leaving and after many failed attempts (including one scholarship application that I came second on) I'm finally coming through. I'm looking forwards to spending time with her, but I'll be on my best behaviour so I don't run the risk of ruining what we had.

Also, it's none of my business and forgive me if this is a bad question but she's not "saving" herself for you is she? I don't remember your previous posts exactly but are you guys mutual about "accepting the singularity"?

She was the one who said it was probably about time we gave up and moved on a few months ago, when it became pretty obvious we didn't have a chance of getting back together any time soon. I'd actually been saving myself for her until then, so "enjoying single life" seemed to be the way to go.

As for the TF2 ring thing... damn, that's some serious money. I preferred last years Valentine's Portal 2 ad myself :P

Justince said:

Oh my sentiments exactly. Though I can't imagine getting hitched before leaving the street I grew up on. Some mighty big aspirations there. But it's hard to fail when you aim as low as possible, on the other hand.

Ouch.