Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

doom builder 1 - 3D floors

Is there a way to create "TRUE" 3D floors using Doom Builder 1. I know how to make simple bridges but I would like to know how to make 3d floors. The Sector_3dFloor action isn't present in the linedef actions and I'm using Doom (Doom in Hexen format). I can't use Doom Builder 2 because it pops up with an application error. I tried everything but it didn't work. And I also don't want to use EDGE for DB1 because it doesn't have scripts and doesn't have much functions as in Hexen format. Plus my map goes all weird when I import it into EDGE. I also reinstalled my whole PC once and DB2 still won't work!Can somebody please tell me how to get 3d floors Or any way to get DB2 working?

gruntkiller4000 said:

Is there a way to create "TRUE" 3D floors using Doom Builder 1.....

To clarfy, an editor, may it be DB1, DB2, Deepsea, etc., in itself will not let you do anything until you specify the source port. In other words, if a source port has the capability to render 3D floors then the editor will use the information from the configuration file of that source port to let you construct 3D floors.

So, the choices given by GreyGhost all support 3D floors.

gruntkiller4000 said:

.... Or any way to get DB2 working?

A possible solution: http://www.doombuilder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=777

are you using the format: Gzdoom doom in hexen format? because there is Zdoom doom in hexen format and Gzdoom doom in hexen format. its the same thing basically but Gzdoom allow you to use the 3d things of Gzdoom you can download the config here:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26450 (check chopkinsca post)

place the config on your Doom builder and start doing your map under that format (since youre using Zdoom doom in hexen format i dont think you going to have troubles since its the same thing).

but remember you can use the linedef parameter to make the 3d floor but in the 3d view editor you dont going to see the floor there.

Z0k said:

are you using the format: Gzdoom doom in hexen format? because there is Zdoom doom in hexen format and Gzdoom doom in hexen format.

ZDoom doom in hexen format?
Gzdoom doom in hexen format?
I never heard of those I only have Doom Doom in hexen format. If I insert my maps onto these new configuration formats will my map stuff up (like lines going everywhere all over the map)?

yeah. look, the link i posted. then look the third post: its the Gzdoom config for Doom builder1.

About your question, as far i remember opening a Zdoom doom in hexen format map with the Gzdoom Doom in hexen format, wouldnt make a mess with your map because its the same format about Zdoom (but Gzdoom its for 3d effects and more)

also i tested it right now i loaded a map i made with Zdoom doom in hexen format, with Doom builder 1 under the Gzdoom format and it opened my map as would be, and not a mess with lines what you mean when you try to open a map under a different format.

you should check very well your Map format. because i dont find a Doom doom in hexen format on my Builder configs. Only Zdoom Doom in hexen format.

Z0k said:

you should check very well your Map format. because i dont find a Doom doom in hexen format on my Builder configs. Only Zdoom Doom in hexen format.

Whoops it is ZDoom Doom in hexen format, sorry.