Worst id game

Worst id game?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Worst id game?

• Quake (1)
    • Quake 2
    • Quake 3 Arena
    • Other

Because some people don't like Quake 2 - some even HATE Quake 2 (but I'm not one of them).
Bear in mind that id's 'worst' game doesn't necessarily mean a game which sucks.
I'm just asking for people's opinions here, nothing big.

Originally posted by Dark-tenshi
mmm there is one vote for Q2.

Well, now there are TWO votes for Quake 2 - seems it wasn't totally ridiculous of me to put it up.
Now I'm just waitin' for someone to vote Quake1.

Reallife.exe.

It was a failed concept from the start. Who wants to play getting up at 7:30 for shitty lectures and having girls dump you?

Reallife.exe wasn't made by id ;-)

Y'know, I kinda agree with Zaldron. Doom 2 is rather cool, but for a sequel to a superb game it sucked.

At least every Quake sported a completely different world, plot, style and feel. That's what I liked about the Quakes...they were only sequels in name. There's variety, at least one of them is gotta be "good" in your book.

Here we go again....

I LIKED the Doom series because it was kept almost the same as the previous game. But I do agree on one thing....it could have been a HELL of a lot better.

Yeah I liked it too but I'm thankful no developer will make that kind of "sequel" anymore in the future.

I agree with Zaldron.

Quake/Quake 2 are by the way both awesome games, and just as good as DOOM.

Quake and Quake 2 ARE both good games in their own rights.
Quake 1: Sucky sp but good mp
Quake 2: Good sp but not-so-good mp

But none of them is anywhere near as good as Doom if you ask me, at least not gameplay wise - Doom still has the best set of weapons, concept wise as well as sound wise. id hasn't yet managed to surpass the shotguns in Doom imo - it could be done if someone used the Q3A shotgun sound with a really cool looking sb shotgun which has an awesome reload animation.

/me awaits the coming of Doom 3

Good question. I have observed that a lot of people on these boards don't give a rat's arse about Doom 3, because they think it will become the same old gameplay stuff with shiny, impressive graphics.

I have a question, is Doom that good? How much is pure nostalgia and "first time feeling" and how much is -real-? Would Doom be better than Quake if the later have come sooner? (in a magical world where we can ignore the technology)

I personally can't say. I've spent hundreds of hours in both of them.

Originally posted by Zaldron
-DOOM 2-

I agree with Zaldron and DSM all the way. Doom 2 should've been marketed as an expansion, NOT a sequel. It threw in a few new monsters. Wow. Oh, and the levels were harder. Wow.

Also, I don't get why people bitch about Q3 just because they didn't get a good single player experience with it. Is it just me, or wasn't Q3 marketed as a multiplayer deathmatch game? I don't remember anyone ever saying it was going to have a traditional single player option. And what's wrong with the bots? I've gotten plenty of pleasure from rocking those bastards after replaying certain levels about 12 times just to beat them. What, do you people hate them because they are challenging or something? Christ. Stop your bitchin...

Originally posted by Zaldron
I have a question, is Doom that good?

Not by today's gaming standards.

Pure nostalgia for the old and anticipation for the new drives this website, trust me.

IMO, DOOM just 0wnz any other game. I hate those that refer to it as "old" just because it was made back on '93. If you ask me, most modern games are like Metallica.....sellout. All they concentrate on is graphics. Like this one friend of mine, I get totally pissed when someone says one game is better than another JUST because of the graphics! Come on! That's like saying one movie is better than another just because it had better effects! The movie could be poorly written, might have the worst actors in the world, and the story could be fucking cheap! But NOOOOOO....it CAN'T suck to them because the effects are awesome.

Gah.......