Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HavoX

Okay... (DW's downtime)

What just happened? Did someone at Telefragged trip on the server's power cord by accident?

HavoX said:

What just happened? Did someone at Telefragged trip on the server's power cord by accident?

All three Telefragged name servers that Doomworld relies on were down, most likely on a single computer which isn't a great idea.

EDIT - Inadequate proofreading. Name servers don't grow on trees.

Technician said:

Seriously, this place needs to get it's shit together or I'm taking my money elsewhere.

EDIT: Forth grade spelling mistake.

Also grammar mistake. :p

Gremlin said:

I was thinking, "Wow, is Doomworld getting DDOSed? Because it's sooo political here."

Well, had Ralphis DDoSed the site (and I'm not blaming anybody here; no offense Ralphis.), we'd see this page instead of just getting a "can't connect to site" error.

Bump!

Anyone else notice Doomworld's absence? Looks like it was a server failure this time around.

Damnit! Those downtimes have been happening quite a lot recently, too.

Reminds me of the days when I was a member of Quake3World when it was hosted at GameSpy. Occasionally their site AND forums would have a downtime period with that ridiculous "Please excuse our dust!" maintenance message...

Someone is probably re-arranging server racks or something. And they're perfectionists, so won't be happy with the first few layouts. Gotta unhook all them cables and try again... Blue cables look better like this or like that? Yellow cables over and up or around? Does this 1U case make me look fat?

Either that or someone's OJT learning how to setup switches and routers and is kinda slow at correcting the inevitable mistakes.

For some reason I've been experiencing the way DoomWorld was down a few times in a few days. I wonder what's going on? Is it because the staff is making many updates, or what could it be?

PRIMEVAL said:

Maybe a particular newbie just won't stop posting and flooding the servers ;)

Hmm, I wonder who could that be?

Oh, I forgot about the multiple account one... I just recall seeing a lot of threads and posts by someone in the past week. Been on the site for 2 or so days and already had well over 100 posts. Not gonna name names X)

Mr. Chris said:

That dude who kept making accounts some time back?

OK, but what's the guys username? Also, could one of his accounts be roobbbotnikkk0171?

HavoX said:

dr.Robotnik, to be exact. (It just occurred to me, heh.)

So that's him huh? Well he sure made a lot of accounts to advertise his WAD!

I can't be TOO sure if all of his accounts caused the downtime of Doomworld, but it just might have been a few mechanical problems with the server.

PRIMEVAL said:

Not gonna name names X)

Well, the prototyping stage is pretty prone to being flawed in some way. ;)

Phobus said:

Well, the prototyping stage is pretty prone to being flawed in some way. ;)

Yes, very much so ;)