Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ducon

Where can I find GZDoom’s source code?

Since mancubus.net is down, I only can download a Windows executable, but not the source code.
Is there, somewhere, a mirror?

MancuNET isn't down, it's just that Manc removed the WebSVN software (apparently it was causing problems?).

You can still use SVN tools to download the source code.

If you use Windows you can get TortoiseSVN which is user-friendly. Then after you install it, you get right-click menu options on the folders. The most used commands are:

"checkout" - sets up that folder as the one to receive SVN updates from a website. You only use it once, afterwards you use "update". The page you'll want to checkout from is: http://mancubus.net/svn/hosted/gzdoom/trunk/

"update" - once that folder is checked out, use this option to download updates from the site into the folder.

"commit" - only if you have the right to update with your own contributions, you can use this to upload any changes you've made. Not applicable unless it's your project or Graf Zahl trusted you to contribute to GZDoom.

No. Not worth it. It'd only be the last 'official' release which in 90% of all cases is not what you want to get.

Great news.I am so happy for you! please if you don't mind,tell us: have you just compiled the Windows or the Linux version?

ducon said:

GZDoom compiles and runs flawlessly. Yay.

Good for you!

Delyon said:

please if you don't mind,tell us: have you just compiled the Windows or the Linux version?

Most likely Linux, since that's what ducon uses (as Gez pointed out).

Am I right, ducon?

ducon said:

GZDoom compiles and runs flawlessly. Yay.

Out of the box (archive file)? No added libraries not included in the archive?

printz said:

Out of the box (archive file)? No added libraries not included in the archive?

No, it doesn't compile out of the box because the box does not include a compiler.

GZDoom has a few prerequisites, which are quite neatly listed on the dedicated wiki, here. If you happened to have all those already installed, then it compiles. If not, then you just have to install what's missing and then it compiles.

It's not rocket surgery, people.

Oh, good idea. Maybe I should write something similar on the Eternity wiki, once I'm confident on the information I have.

FMOD is the only one that causes a hassle for some people/situations.

I have to admit I wasn't entirely sure what printz was asking ... for GZDoom to be 100% independent, it might as well be its own OS and compiler included.

Looks like our friend ducon is not going to be back here too soon.The clue in the sentence below clearly shows that this gentleman was after the WINDOWS source code not the Linux version:
"I only can download a 'WINDOWS' executable, but not the source code."
I am willing to bet 1 million Greek Drachmas in cash that this is the case.

Heh.

First thing first, the source code is the same for Windows and Linux. (Well, there are some files that are only used for Windows and some others that are only used for Linux, but the bulk is identical, and it's all included in the same repository so you get everything when you download it.)

Second thing second, he explicitly reported he got it working.

Third thing third, if you go to his own website (thanks to the "homepage" link below each of his posts), you'll find a minimalist website in French where he talks about various things, including Linux builds of various games. (Doesn't seem to have been updated recently, though.)

Thank you Gez, I did not update the Linux builds page because ZDoom is still v. 2.5.0 and I don’t know what to upload for GZDoom, that I’m happy to have compiled.

Well gentlemen, I concede that I lost the bet.But I managed to get ducon back on this thread! It has been nice chatting to you guys. Auf Wiedersehen and au revoir.

Delyon said:

Well gentlemen, I concede that I lost the bet.

Better luck next time, eh? :P