Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HavoX

Let's talk about... Flash movies/games

I'll go first.

So I started watching Happy Tree Friends again yesterday, and boy, what a blast from the past. (Nutty is AWESOME.) One thing that still puzzles me to this very day is how after every episode, the characters who die a horrible death mysteriously come back to life.

It's not quite as funny as Retarded Animal Babies IMHO.

It was said that RAB is a ripoff of HTF (Pico complained about this in RAB2). I disagree; RAB has NOTHING to do with HTF. First of all, HTF is more about blood and gore, and the characters don't talk (EDIT: I was wrong about this part. They can speak, but you can barely hear what they're saying). RAB, on the other hand, has adult humor/language, and other stuff you would NOT want your grandmother to see. Self-explanatory, really.

Any other Flashes you'd like to recommend or discuss?

Happy Tree Friends is amusing for about 2 seconds, before it gets annoying as hell.

Since you mentioned games, I'll add that 99% of Flash games are awful shit that should never have seen the light of day.

I used to watch a lot of flash movies on Newgrounds. I even made a bunch of them back when I was in highschool and in community college. Two of my old movies are on my Youtube page. Just a warning though, they are really crappy and cheesy.

I submitted one movie to Newgrounds which was for their Metal Gear Collab project. It's in the second part but it sucks compared to everyone else's movies.

Once in a while though, I'll dabble in animating. I don't make as much crazy shit as I did back in the day though, lol.

Flash movies and Newgrounds were big for me ten or so years ago. Not so much now.

I feel really old now knowing RAB has twenty sequels. I remember having to wait fifteen minutes for the third film to load back when I still had dial-up.

Yeah, like others, I used to be bigtime into watching Flash movies, parodies, and whatnot on Newgrounds and other sites years and years ago. Nowadays, I don't really do it much, but sometimes it's fun to look back on some of the better movies for a laugh.

"Happy Tree Friends" is a poor man's "Ren & Stimpy." It's possibly the most irritating and unoriginal violent cartoon ever made.

I've made a lot of money making flash apps and games over the years. This is why I wanted to kill Steve Jobs for years because he wouldn't allow any flash based apps on iPhone until Android allowed it.

geo said:

This is why I wanted to kill Steve Jobs for years because he wouldn't allow any flash based apps on iPhone until Android allowed it.

It's too bad cancer beat you to it. Steve trolled you to his last breath.

No he did allow flash based apps in his dying days. Such a sellout.

I liked the HTF tv series. MLP is flash. HTF is stupid now though. That one Doom flash movie I like, and a lot of the Harry Partridge stuff. Newgrounds does have a lot of interesting shit.

Flash games......... I dunno. *shrugs*

I don't know if this exactly what everyone is discussing, but the best utilization of Flash I've come across to-date was Waltz With Bashir. The idea of a full-length documentary being animated gave me doubts, but the style and execution were downright remarkable.

Oh man, I'm a huge fan of this guy's games. If you haven't tried his others check them out: http://www.mattmakesgames.com/

He mostly does retro platformers with an insane difficulty curve. Probably my favorite game of his is An Untitled Story. It's not flash though ... My favorite flash game of his is probably Give Up Robot (Both 1 and 2).

NitroactiveStudios said:

I think Happy Tree Friends is a good show, but they're not making new episodes so fast like I thought.

As for a flash game, one of my most favorite flash games are City Smasher.

They came out with some of those break things recently, but they're rather crappy. I think HTF is pretty much dead.

When i hear the words flash games i think of the Exmortis series. Game was really ground-breaking and immersive for me back when it first released. In fact, i'll go as far and say that it still builds that same tension like it did all those years ago.

Some others i can think of are N, Double Wires, Escape The Room, Line Rider, Cursor Theif, Deanimator and The Last Guy.

Another series of flash movies I liked besides HTF was the Ultimate Naruto Fanflash series. Even though I wasn't a huge fan of Naruto at the time, they were still fun to watch.