Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MSPaintR0cks

Does this font hurt your eyes?

...or ist actually okay?

I had no idea the T looked so much like a 7 until I saw it in-game, but I am not sure if its stylish or just hard to read. Or both.
My game has a more lighthearted feel than doom, so the font gets away with looking a little childish.

It's not really the most desirable font I've ever seen. I think what makes it hard to look at is that it's simply a solid color and not noisy like doom's font.

Add some shading to it and a dropshadow if shading alone doesn't cut it - Should make it easier to read. Also yes, the T really does look like 7 so you better change it :P.

Thanks a lot for the comments ;D
Yes, now that you both say it, the shading really is too minimal and barely noticable. I checked it on the monitor of my laptop and there the shading seems to be gone entirely (its more visible on my normal computer). I am definitely going to change that.

@havox
Whatever jumps into your eye.

MSPaintR0cks said:

Whatever jumps into your eye.

Well, it doesn't bother me... :|

It's not bad but a bit cartoony-looking. If that's your aim then it's a perfectly good font in my opinion, and if not then some texture/shading would probably fix it.

The shapes of the letters are really good, but yes I agree in general with what has been said here. Some shading and a back shadow would work wonders here.