Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HumanBones

Odamex Saturday Nitro Mapping Event

I’m pleased to announce the first Odamex Saturday Nitro Mapping Event! If you haven’t heard of Odamex Saturday Nitro, it is a weekly event held on Odamex that brings everyone together to play their favorite wads which has become very popular and is helping to shape the Odamex community. Nitro is a great place to showcase all types of wads, and that’s where this mapping event comes in. I’d like to get a bunch of people together to make some DM maps specifically for a Nitro session. The maps will be compiled into one wad and it will be run as one of our weekly sessions. Hopefully most of you can participate, but let’s get into the details first:

Deadlines
Start date: February 26th
End date: March 2nd - This means ALL maps must be submitted to me by 11:59pm on the 2nd. We want to make sure the wad is ready to go by Saturday at 8pm.

Resources
Let’s not go crazy this time around. No custom textures or graphics: Doom 2 resources only! A midi for your map is fine.

This time around, I’m looking for at least 12-16 medium or large-sized maps. If we get more people willing to make maps, that’s great! You also have to remember that the player limit for most sessions is 12, so we don’t want to make any maps too small. I would say a map that fits 8 or more players at a time is acceptable.

I don’t think I forgot any details, but you can either post your questions here or find me in #odamex on irc.quakenet.org / irc.oftc.net and I can hopefully answer them for you.

MAP01 - Decay *COMPLETE
MAP02 - Killingblair *COMPLETE
MAP03 - Dark-Karasu *COMPLETE
MAP04 - Doomguy666 *COMPLETE
MAP05 - Blarget2 * COMPLETE
MAP06 - spaztacus *COMPLETE
MAP07 - Dusk *COMPLETE
MAP08 - majik *COMPLETE
MAP09 - majik *COMPLETE
MAP10 - Shane *COMPLETE
MAP11 - Dragonsbrethren *COMPLETE
MAP12 - HeavenWraith *COMPLETE
MAP13 - walter confalonieri *COMPLETE
MAP14 - Captain Toenail *COMPLETE
MAP15 - Captain Toenail *COMPLETE
MAP16 - Captain Toenail *COMPLETE
MAP17 - Hatred *COMPLETE
MAP18 - Kassman *COMPLETE

WAD LINK: http://humanbones.unidoom.org/wads/NitroDM1.zip

mmm.... since i'm not so good at dm mapping, i'll take map16... also i'll see to chop something in this week checking also other maps (actually EXEC and DWANGO5 sessions liked me a lot...)

Got you down. I should specify that maps can use boom and hexen map format as long as the features work in Odamex 0.5.6. There is a great list of which features are supported and which are not, and you can find it here.

Im in for the next time this thing comes around, but youve picked the second most inconvenient week of the year for me to be doing non school stuff.

Unless the next version of this falls on numero uno, I'll be interested next time.

Gret concept though!

I'll give you map14. We're making great progress so far, there is one map that is already completed and I've seen the layouts of a few others.

send the beta of my map via PM to human bones, check them...

new music is allowed?

all right, read the OP, i've seen to add a new midi if it's ok....

Wow, that looks pretty awesome. Can't wait to see it all finished!

EDIT: Bucket, that'd be great if you can. We need a new map03.

Great! As soon as I'm done receiving maps I'll update the maplist and finalize everything. This is turning out way better than I hoped and expected.

The final maplist has been updated in the first post. The wad should be ready sometime tomorrow, I'll let everyone know. Thanks for participating!

For anybody following on the forums, the Nitro running this wad just started up eight minutes ago so get in and give it a go