Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
1337CyberdemonxX

Xwe being asshole

Ya it says this whenever I open it "Failed to create key wad_auto_file\DefaultIcon" then when i press ok it says "List index out of bounds(3)" And it doesn't open. W.T.F do i do?

Unless Csabo makes a proper re-release of his SC that is not missing ESSENTIAL dependencies which are UNTRACEABLE, nobody will ever be able to address even the simplest of bugs, because nobody except Csabo has even compiled the fucking thing successfully, at least not in a functional form.

It's really a pity that such a great tool is just let to die like this.

1337CyberdemonxX said:

Ya it says this whenever I open it "Failed to create key wad_auto_file\DefaultIcon" then when i press ok it says "List index out of bounds(3)" And it doesn't open. W.T.F do i do?

Run as administrator

There shouldn't be anything that XWE does that would cause those lumps to not be viewable in slade. If there is something specific you can mention here, it could possibly be a bug in slade that could be resolved and make it that much better. Can you explain what slade isn't showing?

sgt dopey said:

Run as administrator

Is that the generic advice if something doesn't work?

Running as Administrator can help if the problem has to do with Vista/Win7 file access rights, though messages like "List index out of bounds" could mean 1337CyberdemonxX is attempting to open a corrupted wad.

Try a clean installation of XWE, and make sure it has full read/write permissions for EVERY folder it tries to read from (whenever it opens a WAD, it needs to be able to create a backup copy of it locally).