Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Killamangiro91

Playing Doom with a keyboard/touchpad

So I'm stuck at work for 2 weeks and brought my little netbook with me so I can play some DOOM (cause they block my favourite sites, apart from doomworld :D). But I forgot my mouse.........NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!. And I suck really bad at playing with just a keyboard, worse when using the touchpad. How can some of you guys do this? it's horrible!

I used to be pretty good at mouse-aiming with the trackpad on my old HP Pavilion N5170, but not on my new Dell Mini 10 netbook, because the buttons are built into the pad itself, and it's hard to not accidentally move the mouse when trying to press them.

Nowadays I just carry a Logitech trackball or wireless mouse with me if I'm going to be carrying my netbook anywhere.

Had to do that too, finished AV in UV with keyboard only. I used arrows to shoot and aim and focused on strafing rather than aiming to get monsters in front of my guns.

Of all the computers my family owned during my life, I don't think any of them had a mouse until we started using Windows 95... I'm not sure though.

NitroactiveStudios said:

Also, doesn't the classic Doom games have an auto-aim feature?

Correct, since you can't look up and down (AKA free-look) in vanilla. You can in some ports, but it's considered cheating in maps that are not designed for it.

You just get used to it I guess, most of the keyboard users started using keyboard only and never switched when mouse+Keyboard became standard