Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Katamori's Doom commentary videos (latest subject: Kansam's Trial)

This thread is about my channel where I upload my Doom-related commentary stuff, mostly Let's Play videos about all kinds of WADs from Doom to Strife! It'd help me a lot it if you'd watch all of (or at least one or some of) them and write down your opinions.

All the videos can be found here.

Possible list of subjects:

1 Monster MegaWAD
3 Heures d'agonie
32 Inch Nails
10 Sectors
100 Lines
5 Rooms of Doom
Action Doom
Action Doom 2: Urban Brawl
A.L.T.
Alien Vendetta
Aliens TC
Arcadia Demade
Back to Saturn X
Cheogsh
Claustrophobia 1024 2
Combat Shock 2
Community Chest 1-2-3-4
Concerned
Congestion 1024
Crimson Canyon
Daedalus: Alien Defense
Dark7
Demons of Problematique
Deus Vult 2
Doom 2 Unleashed
Doom City
Doomworld Mega Project 2013
Earth
Epic
Epic 2
Equinox
Eternal Doom
Hadephobia
Hell's Grounds
Hell to Pay
Hellbound
Hellcore 2
Horalky
Icarus Alien Vanguard
Jenesis
Kama Sutra
Lunatic
MAYhem 2012
MAYhem 2013
Perdition's Gate
Phobos
Purgatory at 3.00 A.M.
Revolution!
Sacrament
Scythe
Scythe 2
Scythe X
Simplicity
Suspended in Dusk
Thresold of Pain
To Fight (2x2 series)
UAC Ultra
Undesired Reality
Unloved
Vanguard
Void
Voodoo Guns
Whispers of Satan
Winter's Fury
Zen Dynamics
Zones of Fear

Do you have your gamma turned up, since Doomguy's face seems a bit brighter than I am used to seeing.

I gave brightness to the video in the video editor, because the whole stuff was too dark. I though it would be rather too bright than too dark.

6:58 of second video: didn't you pick up a berserk pack? tsk tsk ... wasting precious ammo!

Watching your video makes me realize I've played this game way too much.

The harder the game gets, the more your English suffers, not just your health. :p

_bruce_: Yep, why? Life is hard here, I think, however, I've never done anything for me to make it easier...

Hellbent:

" 6:58 of second video: didn't you pick up a berserk pack? tsk tsk ... wasting precious ammo!"

Yes, I've realized already.

"Watching your video makes me realize I've played this game way too much."

Why? I think it's not a big problem. :D

"The harder the game gets, the more your English suffers, not just your health. :p"

I think my English suffers in the whole video. I'm not perfect at English but I think if people can understand me, it's not important.

I was just making a joke; it's harder to concentrate on a foreign language when hellknights keep clawing you to bits.

I think I've played too much because I don't react the way you do as much anymore; although I suppose maybe I still do on a well designed wad.

AlysiumX said:

What are you using to records yourself and the game?

Usually Fraps, but when I record it with my face, I used Bandicam.

_bruce_ said:

1. I'm asking because my grand-grand parents came from there.
2. Calm down.

Oh, I see. And I was calm enough. =)

Okay, so...

Today I decided that I'll start to make LPs in English. As a first step, I start to make Doom WAD LPs more often, primarily to the Doomworld Forums audience. Recently I recorded a Let's Play about Jägermörder 02: Terra Nova. I'll try to upload it before weekends, but it'll be definitely available on Sunday.

Stay tuned!

Doom 2 playthrough about the second Jägermörder map, made by Afterglow. Epic stuff!

A Doomed Base - Short and small map from a "nameless" guy. Nevermind, I loved it. MAKE MORE, MR. NICE GUY!

Glad to see your doing doom let's plays in two languages. Your probably the only youtuber to do that **

Thank you, Retog! Making Let's Play videos about Doom WADs means a lot for me. =)

Next one: Doxylamine Moon Overdose.

Awesome and creepy city-like map from those great Russians... :D

This video is dedicated to Lainos, the author of the Doxylamine Moon Era. By the way, what the shitty hellish fuck is "Doxylamine"????

Hi Katamori: to make a two sector lift you need to make a "dummy" sector for the lift sector that won't lower. Just make a sector outside the map and then give the sector the same sector references as the lift sector that won't lower. This sector extension you have made outside the map we will call a "dummy" sector. Now make a sector attached to the "dummy" sector that has a floor height the same as the lowest floor that the lift will be lowering to. Does that make sense?

Cool video.

Lainos said:

When new let's play is gonna be?

I don't know exactly. I have a free week now to make videos, it should be enough to make a lot of videos that I can upload - one per weekends. Anyway, I'm gonna record something and try to upload today.

By the way, glad to see you on DW Forums again, Lainos! =)

A quite small and short, but really funny WAD about Doomworld Forums. Man, there's no words how I love being there... :D I'd rather recommend Community is Falling, but this one can still be good for 15 minutes. :D

WARNING!!! THIS VIDEO CONTAINS GOATSE!! PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL DURING THE WATCH TO AVOID BEING SHOCKED OR PISSED OFF!!!

TheMionicDonut said:

You realize your videos are private, right?

I didn't want to mention because I thought I can solve it before anybody notices, but it was unsuccessful, so I tell.

I'm moving all the videos to another channel, and it takes a lot of time. (waiting for limitless long video upload, uploading all of them, rewrite all the embeds)

Krispy said:

I like watching your videos, you're a good narrator. Keep 'em coming!

Thank you! I worried that my bad grammar and pronounciationwould make it bad, but I'm happy that even though you like it.

Obsidian said:

Ah, good old DWForums. Try Turbocharged Arcade next, I'm sure you'll love it.

Lol, that's a fantastic idea! Although I've already recorded 2 other videos but Turbocharged Arcade would worth another recording. :D