Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krispy

Who's innocent?

Now that the "arrow to the knee" BS is nearly over, how many can honestly say that they've NEVER posted OR said that stupid joke?
I could, until I took an arrow to the knee.

I just learned about that joke a few weeks ago. I've never used it in any way. I try to remain blissfully ignorant of stuff like that, but unfortunately in our world it doesn't always work.

I never used it once. Ever. I just fail to see where the humor is in it. Care to enlighten me and explain exactly what the joke is?

It made sense in it's original context, and wasn't even funny in it's original context. All it meant was "I used to venture around, but I am unable to move long distances on foot anymore due to my knee injury." I'm confused as to how it was funny in the first place, and even less so when "be an adventurer" is replaced with something else.

Sodaholic said:

I never used it once. Ever. I just fail to see where the humor is in it. Care to enlighten me and explain exactly what the joke is?

There is no humor is forced memes. Much like that cake nonsense, it's just something the masses understand.

I occasionally laughed at this meme when I first saw it. The humor faded rather quickly.

And I've never once typed it or said it, never had the urge to either. Never played Skyrim either, for that matter.

exp(x) said:

Not all of us live on the Internet. I had never heard of this joke until this thread.

Fair 'nuff. But I first heard it outside of the internet. It was so frustrating and confusing that everyone was talking about some sort of archery accident that they all had in common.

Doom Dude said:

I find the thing funny when others are confused by it.

I have no idea what this thread is about--completely lost.

I've said variations of it like "bullet to the dome" but not the actual phrase. It sounded like it was beaten into the ground and turned into pate when I heard it a few months ago.

Huh, weird. I saw the title and was expecting some jackass to come along at some point and say "O.J."

While we're on that note, O.J.

esselfortium said:

I'd be inclined to agree! Just look at that face.

Not to mention that O.J. is a good source of vitamin c, and as we all know, that's important! We wouldn't want to end up homeless, now would we?

I thought the "Took an arrow to the knee" thing already died a couple months ago?

I haven't seen it much recently, anyway.

It's much funnier than dubbing "FUS-RO-DAH!!!" on any video that looks sufficiently and appropriately violent.

Posts complaining about memes are like posts complaining about posts complaining about things: useless.

I never used it, mainly because I never truly understood the joke until I read this thread and googled what it was about.

On that note:

I've never played that damn RPG, so I've never heard the joke directly to be impressed. But from knowyourmeme or whatever explanations, it does sound ridiculous.

I also don't like joking about injuries like that, so I wouldn't say that.

I never posted it, or any variation of it. I thought it was complete crap from the start, and I enjoyed Skyrim. The only time I've ever said it was when I was explaining it to my brother. He saw it on Reddit, knew I played Skyrim, and asked me to explain it. I also explained how goddamned stupid it was.

I've never said it once, on or off the internet.

I never understood why, out of all the stock lines in Skyrim that you could make an unfunny meme out of, this one became so popular.

Bucket said:

*walks in*
Is this the thread where we pretend not to know what a meme is?

ANATOMY OF A DW MEME THREAD:

1. "lol have you seen this meme"
2. " god stfu gb2 memebase"
3. I have never heard of this extremely popular meme until I read this thread.
4. I never go on the internet, I agree with post no. 3.
5. I have no idea what's going on! somehow avoided it! I agree with 3!

To 3, 4, and 5: I ENVY YOU FUCKS. And it's not even arrow to the knee, it's stuff like Billy Mays, Tay Zonday and Chris Crocker.