Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
colBoh

Doom Builder 2 Errors involving DECORATE.

So I tweaked a few things and made a custom DECORATE file out of some stuff I downloaded of off Realm667. All of a sudden, I load up my custom map used for testing some tweaked actors for the twentieth time, with no errors beforehand, and this error message pops up:

Unable to find the DECORATE class 'Stimpack' to inherit from, while parsing 'Adrenaline'
Unable to find the DECORATE class 'Health' to inherit from, while parsing 'Medipack'...

and error messages like:

Texture "CREEPNL0" is double defined in resource "C:\Desktop\Miscellany\DOOM\Texture Packs\DoomPotpourri.wad".
Texture "ZGREY2" is double defined in resource "C:\Users\dad\Desktop\Miscellany\DOOM\Texture Packs\DoomPotpourri.wad".

And so on, you get the idea. I checked the "Doom Potpourri" texture pack and couldn't find any redundant textures. These errors haven't popped up before... help???

Stimpack and Health are standard actors. Add zdoom.pk3 (or gzdoom.pk3 or whatever) to the list of resources you are loading for your map, in first position.

As for the double definitions, are you loading the texture pack twice by mistake?

Gez said:

Stimpack and Health are standard actors. Add zdoom.pk3 (or gzdoom.pk3 or whatever) to the list of resources you are loading for your map, in first position.

As for the double definitions, are you loading the texture pack twice by mistake?

I always add doom2.wad to my list of resources to bring up standard DOOM II textures, objects, etc., but on a coupple of occasions, they didn't come up. Also, when I loaded My custom actors, recently, many of them seemed to lose their MONSTER property, and made me unable to hurt them (they can still move and attack, but hitscan attacks and projectiles go right through them...

I'll try using zdoom.pk3 instead of doom2.wad, see where that gets me.

colBoh said:

I'll try using zdoom.pk3 instead of doom2.wad, see where that gets me.

Not instead, but in addition to. DB2 can load multiple resource archives, so... do that.

Gez said:

Not instead, but in addition to. DB2 can load multiple resource archives, so... do that.

Oops. OK, did that, and went I went to test my map:

File C:\...\zdoom.pk3 is overriding core lump mapinfo/doom2.txt

There's a checkbox to tell DB2 not to send the resource to the port when testing.

Use this.

Gez said:

There's a checkbox to tell DB2 not to send the resource to the port when testing.

Use this.

That worked nicely, but now I have another headache: Several of my custom MONSTER actors seem to lose their MONSTER property (I can go through them, and I'm unable to shoot or kill them)...

I got this error while testing using an edited Former Human, Former Commando, and the custom monster "Chaingun Major" from Realm 667:

Unable to parse DECORATE data from location C:\...\Desktop\Miscellany\DOOM\LVLmaking\Other Stuff\JJBACTOR.wad. Expected numeric editor thing number or start of actor scope on line 3 in 'DECORATE'
Unable to find the DECORATE class 'zombieman' to inherit from, while parsing 'editedzombieman'
Unable to parse DECORATE data from location C:\...\Desktop\Miscellany\DOOM\LVLmaking\Other Stuff\Monsters\ChaingunMajor.wad. Expected numeric editor thing number or start of actor scope on line 3 in 'DECORATE'
Unable to find the DECORATE class 'ChaingunGuy' to inherit from, while parsing 'ChaingunMajor'