Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooM_RO

E1M1 on 8 floppies

Actually, that is pretty neat.

Something vaguely scary about it, watching the machinery move as it played the music.

Awww. I'm disappointed. I thought this was going to be Vanilla Doom running off 8 floppy drives through some kind of crazy RAID system.

fraggle said:

Awww. I'm disappointed. I thought this was going to be Vanilla Doom running off 8 floppy drives through some kind of crazy RAID system.

fraggle's link said:

A “Floppy RAID” might sound like the title of a frustrating niche adult movie

I lol'd.

But how can you be disappointed when someone bends the will of floppy disk drives and forces them to play Bobby Prince's tunes.

Very neat. I've seen stuff like this done before, except I'm pretty sure it was with only one drive and certainly not with an Arduino controlling it.

It'd be even cooler if it turns out the Ardunio is programmed to act as USB-MIDI...

...but how does it compare to true OPL2?

fraggle said:

This is a epic fucking win. At first, I thought it meant that the, level needed 8 floppies to play, but the video was sill cool.

NitroactiveStudios said:

At first, I thought it meant that the, level needed 8 floppies to play

Now, if someone made a source port for Amigas with full "support" for floppy swapping.... ;-)

Maes said:

Now, if someone made a source port for Amigas with full "support" for floppy swapping.... ;-)

Or the long awaited Commodore 64 port, which was what first crossed my mind after reading the thread title.