Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Evolution

ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival #29 - Zones of Fear (Part II)

Picking up where we left last thursday, we are continuing our journey from the second half of the 32-level boom compatible megawad, Zones of Fear, which was built by a team of Czech mappers. No doubt, there's more frightening zones ahead, so don't forget to bring your trusty boomsticks along. As usual, pain rotations will follow after the first rotation.

• Skill: Ultra Violence
  • PWADs: zof05.wad, 00harderbosses, tskins1e
  • Maps: 16-32
  • Lives: 1
  • Players: 25/50
  • Servers: [L@P] & [DUI] NJ
  • When: 20:00 GMT (Euro session) / 20:00 EST (US session)
There's much more bloodlust tomorrow in Friday's Monster Mash, hosting Doomenergy's Killingland - a little something all the way from Asia. If you prefer gibbing fellow marines, then check out ZDS this Saturday: 4-way Team Deathmatch on Railwarz 2. Just grab the latest version of ZDaemon and join all the fun.

I think, you should wait for the final release. This version isn't properly tested.

LOL'd hard at the shenanigans here. Dodo lets down the team at 3:00, but it's alright of course, because it was hilarious! AZ clocks a map in style! Then there's the team effort of ultra lift trolling at 13:00, followed by memfis' unfortunate stray cybie rocket surprise :D

I can't comment on this half of the wad much as I only caught the last few maps but there were some fun areas I enjoyed playing through, like the baron/cyber rape room at the end of the vidya.

Well, while the players have been awfully silent in this thread, I can only assume that the lack of complaints means you guys are doing an awesome job so far, and I look forward to the finished product. Sorry again for exposing this excellent work earlier than you would have liked!

Unfortunately it just wasn't working for me. For some reason I kept dropping packets and couldn't play for more than a minute. Also, for some weird reason the game was using Freedoom graphics. I had DOOM2.WAD in the parent directory and also pointed to my IWAD folder in the config file.

Bucket said:

Also, for some weird reason the game was using Freedoom graphics. I had DOOM2.WAD in the parent directory and also pointed to my IWAD folder in the config file.

this is a launcher setting.

if you use zlauncher, go to settings -> general -> alt. wad preferences and create a rule to prefer doom2 over freedoom (although this should be the sensible default order on the server, imo).

if you use ide, there should be an option to turn AltWadsHandling=1 (that's the variable in ide.ini), after which you should get a small box with alternatives when joining a server.

Just going to post at the risk of sounding like a pompous music snob; can you please change the Linken Park midi for something else? There are so many less annoying midis out there, like the iwad midis for starters.

DeathevokatioN said:

Just going to post at the risk of sounding like a pompous music snob; can you please change the Linken Park midi for something else? There are so many less annoying midis out there, like the iwad midis for starters.

I thought the Linkin Park midi was actually decent and not too unfitting. That Eminem midi, on the other hand...

Bucket said:

I had DOOM2.WAD in the parent directory and also pointed to my IWAD folder in the config file.

You need to place your doom2.wad in the zdaemon\wads directory and not the parent directory.
i suppose you tried to edit the zdoom.ini, but in zdaemon the launcher takes care of wad directories.
you can setup additional wad directories when you press the fifth icon in the zlauncher (Configure WAD directories).

Evolution said:

That Eminem midi, on the other hand...

Haha, I wouldn't mind seeing that one getting changed either. ;)

But if none of these change I guess I can just go through this wad with my own custom music wad.

DeathevokatioN said:

Well, I mostly use music from HeXen and Heretic... I dunno why Jaeden uses the linkin park songs and I have to admit the music is annoying for me, too :))

But to change all the music can be very much work... So I keep it like this so far... Just turn the music down and play some mp3 in your computer :p

Sorry for my freaky english and thanks for your all posts here.. ;)