Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

Zahid said:

So as riz said its My "Hard Demo" of the day:)

The most lucky depending a demo is, the harder to beat I judge it. i.e.: Your 0:38 is now a really tough demo to beat. :)

I was pretty sure maps 07 and 32 would get competition here.

Same map, UV-Max in 1:20. I managed to get the cyberdemon kill 3 cacos which saved some time. btw usually people use names like AB01-104 for Doom 2 wads but A1B1-104 for Doom 1 wads.

s1p1-120.zip

Nice, thanks. I renamed gordia1-2.wad to just gordia.wad to avoid the confusion on DSDA when I update the wad with more maps. New link is in the thread.
Would be cool to see map02 uv-max as well.

Ahaha, now the map is too easy! No, I didn't know I had BFG; I also must start paying attention to compatibility flags. Don't you think the map is more fun without weapon 7 though?

Yes, you're right. But the exam was designed to be played all the way through, so the maps are probably too easy if played individually. :)

Made a quick max for Bellatrix, a new map by franckFRAG that he said was somewhat inspired by my wads. Time is 1:06, also includes a 1:02 demo with 98% kills (slow monster teleporter -_-).

btrx-106.zip

Phoebe by Ameba (click on the big black button to download)
UV-Max in 10:34

This is from the latest Russian Tuning Contest where participants had to improve a computer generated map while keeping the original layout intact. Ameba made an atmospheric and excellently designed moon base, I highly recommend to check it out.

phoe1034.zip

Titania
UV-Max in 7:16

Cool map by JCD I found on the french forums. I like the part where I kill 3 chainers and 3 imps with one rocket.
btw If you register on that forum you can DL more demos for this map (max by JCD, speed by Squonk, FDAs...)

tita-716.zip

Can't Run From Evil (Part I) MAP02 UV Max in 31:43. 268 lost souls!!
Sorry for being such a DSDA trouble-maker, but:

MAP01 UV Speed demo does not play back with the current version.
The "Other" demo (failed Max attempt) does not play back with the current version. Former MAP02 is now MAP03, so, like in the case of 1994tu MAP21/22 I'd ask to move the demo to MAP03 slot with a comment "Plays back with crfe_p1_old.wad on MAP02". crfepal.wad and altpal.wad is the same file, I think.

crf2-3143.zip

Newdoom Community Project 2 map 22 UV-Speed in 4:43.

My first thought doing what is known as the "eye level": "I am clearly crazy for trying to attempt this."

My second thought: "Third attempt and I exit? Ok sure whatever I'll take it, heh."

Kind of stinks that NDCP2 map 27 has four revenants at the start that never warp in because of those lovely zdoom-isms, meaning a true 100% kills is not possible for the map. If I do a max for it (and I probably will because River of Souls music from Turok 2 is awesome), it'd have to exclude those four revenants from being killed.

n222-443.zip

Thanks for the demo, Anima. Now, any idea how to get the secret BFG?

on a related note, here's a mediocre uv-max of mayhem map09 that I have laying around from when the megawad club was playing through:

ma09_948.zip

Newdoom Community Project 2 map 27 UV-Max in 18:22

Told ya I was going to do this one, heh.

Bear in mind that due to zdoom-isms, 100% kills in GLBoom Plus is not possible. Maximum kills possible here is 98% (332/336 enemies), assuming there are no resurrections.

With that being said, have fun watching my nervous rear end try to get that YSK a few times, among other tense moments.

n2271822.zip