Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

joe, you must put the zipped demo using the "attach file" option in the bottom of the reply post...

also, congratulations to revved for beating my (easily beatable) record!

alt.wad

Map 32 UV Speed in 1:51 -complevel 9

kmxexil's review provides the context for making this demo. Without an existing speedrun to crib from, I figured under 2 minutes would make a decent time. Had 3 1:58 attempts before attaining a lower time. Thinking below 1:30 could be done by a more skilled player. Good luck with the hitscanners. I've managed to die in under 10 seconds on some of my attempts when being reckless.

Not trying for Max because 'eff column hopping.

While it's not part of the demo, I do know what's going on with the archviles in suspended animation.

altv-151.zip

Heh, probably the only one. Strange wad: obviously very impressive design almost entirely out of stock textures but I just don't find playing it very fun.

I might have asked this before but do you play with high gamma correction? At first I couldn't see that first baron you killed with plasma at all.

Also thx to Plut for maxing superwad and I liked how Veinen skipped pretty much everything in that TAB map. :)

Gamma 4 (highest). No problems with seeing that baron, but still: I completely missed the presence of a pain elemental @2:48 due to darkness.

Oh yes, my feelings about the WAD were similar, though I did enjoy playing at least 5 maps. Left some comments on /idgames.

I see, I usually play with no gamma because the game looks the best this way on my monitor, but here is a map where I also had to use 4:

Deimos Chronology by Ledillman
UV-Max in 7:30

ldxn-730.zip

vdgg said:

Gamma 4 (highest). No problems with seeing that baron, but still: I completely missed the presence of a pain elemental @2:48 due to darkness.

Oh yes, my feelings about the WAD were similar, though I did enjoy playing at least 5 maps. Left some comments on /idgames.

I feel your pain, though it's cool that a few of the levels were apparently fun enough to demo

Revved said:

A.L.T
UV Max
Map 1 in 1:17

Which WAD version? I get out of sync with any of the following

2012-12-02  01:46        36 400 197 alt.wad
2012-05-06  22:50        36 340 270 alt.wad

It seems like I recorded it with the WAD dated May 3, 2012, 8:21PM, 36457279